Memorial Moab Trip Pulled Out From Under Me

2 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted February 20, 2002 - 04:44 PM

AAAAHHHHGGGG! It's like Lucy pulling the football from Charlie Brown :D

So my wife gets a call last night from one of her good friends who now lives in Orlando. I'm upstairs and I hear squealing and laughing. I peak out the door smiling and I ask what's going on?

My wife proceeds to tell me her friend is getting married. I said great, give her my congrats. Then my wife says they are getting married Memorial Weekend and she has been asked to be the maid of honor.

I quickly realize this is a huge conflict of interests. My annual Memorial Weekend Moab trip is all set. I ask "how are you going to watch Sophie (our baby girl) and stand up at the same time". And of course I knew this was coming...she says, "that will be your job."

:) Moab pulled out from under me. This is tradition she is messing with damn it. I've never even met this girl. Although my wife says she came to our wedding :D

So, I guess I can look at the bright side...I get to go to Florida. But I'd rather me in Moab.

My point to this is I am looking to get to Moab in April, possibly March. Anyone planning a trip out there soon and do you mind if I tag along...plleeaasssee :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blackie

Posted February 20, 2002 - 05:38 PM

Dougie,

I go down to Moab every third weekend or so. If you plan a trip, let me know and I'll try to meet you. By the way, I will be there this weekend for some great riding if you want to try to get out at the last minute.

John

• LarryCO

Posted February 21, 2002 - 07:15 AM

Dougie,
Total bummer amigo! I definitely know the feeling however. Somehow life changes for us when we get married and have a child... :)

I'll most likely be heading out sometime in April. I'll drop you and John a line and let you know when...

Late

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.