plastics

7 replies to this topic
  • 426ripper

Posted July 05, 2007 - 08:51 AM

what is the deal with the blue plastic turning white after it bends. it the any good tricks to turning it blue again? I have heard you can heat it up? is this true. how much heat should I use??? vince

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 05, 2007 - 08:53 AM

what is the deal with the blue plastic turning white after it bends. it the any good tricks to turning it blue again? I have heard you can heat it up? is this true. how much heat should I use??? vince

yup heat works dont get to close and do heat it to long take your time and you should be good to go!

• Mutu

Posted July 06, 2007 - 01:50 AM

yup heat works dont get to close and do heat it to long take your time and you should be good to go!

Yep, just have to heat it up evenly and the stress marks dissapear!

• 426ripper

Posted July 06, 2007 - 03:09 AM

what do you usually use to heat it with????? thanks, vince

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted July 06, 2007 - 03:59 AM

heat gun.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 06, 2007 - 02:56 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

I do this after every couple of rides. It works great. Go real slow with the heat so you don't melt the plastic.

• freestyle250

Posted July 14, 2007 - 11:49 PM

I used my wife's blow dryer. It took a little patience but it worked okay. It didn't get it 100 percent, but it looked a heck of alot better than right after I crashed.

• Chaindrive

Posted July 15, 2007 - 02:41 AM

If you are very careful, and I would suggest practicing on a junk fender, you can also do it with a propane torch. Just apply a little heat and keep it moving.

...We don't need to discuss not doing this to or near the plastic gas tank, do we? Same goes for a heat gun...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.