The Wr will be sold?

2 replies to this topic
  • jasonmcc

Posted October 25, 2000 - 03:42 PM

Im about to advertise my WR this weekened. I want to sell it and get bike for motox. The Wr is just a too big bike. It would be better if it had the yz tank and seat but thats worth $740. So I going to sell it.

What do you guys think I should get. There is a brand new 99' RM125 for sale at a good price. Do you think its worth it, waiting and saving to get a 2001 model motocrosser. I am not the best rider so I think I will go with the 99' RM125.

Seeya later

Jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 26, 2000 - 05:22 AM

Jason,
Have you ever ridden a 125 mx'er? The first time I rode one, I thought it was broken! I was actively racing my 1980 Yamaha YZ465 at the time, so the difference between the two was tremendous.
125's have no bottom end. You have to scream the engines to get the HP. A 250 would be my recommendation. I don't have a recommendation, but stay away from the 97-99 Honda CR's. The 2000 was better, with the 2001 being the best. The KX has been a front runner for awhile. The YZ has been the all around good performer. Take your pick.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted October 26, 2000 - 08:17 AM

I rode a 01 CR 250 last weekend and it has no low-end as compared to my WR. Killer top end however. If you ride the track or sand, great. Anywhere else, WR.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.