Scotts replacing dampner bracket

5 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted October 23, 2000 - 01:15 PM

I discovered my Scotts steering dampner bracket was cracked at the bolt up point. I have the steering head mounted bracket.

Called Scotts today and they are going to replace it at no cost to me (it would have run me $80). They said they are having a problem with some of these brackets. Keep an eye on yours if you have this kind.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400 with a lot of dumb, stupid, here take my money, I have to have them but they don't make me a better rider extra mods.
(Except the dampner :))

• Vincent

Posted October 23, 2000 - 01:41 PM

Hey Dougie,
Im curious why you arent running the oil filler cap style bracket?

Thats the one Montclair Yamaha sent me. It bolted on great with no clearance issues (even with an aftermarket tank).

Maybe you could look into replacing the cracking one with one of these.

• Dougie

Posted October 23, 2000 - 02:43 PM

That is the one they sent originally. It fit perfect. No trimming or grinding needed. When it is working, it is great. However, it has worked loose twice and the second time I tightened it back down, I disovered the crack.

I asked about the oil filler brace and they told me they don't send them out anymore for the WRs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted October 23, 2000 - 02:48 PM

Interesting.

I thought the oil filler mounts would not fit the ’00 due to the shortened frame in that area. Don’t you have an ’00 Vincent?

Thanks for the tip Dougie, I just had mine off and it wasn’t cracked but I’ll keep an eye on it in the future.

• Vincent

Posted October 25, 2000 - 05:40 PM

Nope, I have a 99...the oil filler bracket fits slick as a whistle. :)

• BruceWA

Posted October 26, 2000 - 08:41 AM

Installed the Scotts system in August and was supplied the oil filler bracket. My WR is a 98.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.