Which New Clutch?

5 replies to this topic
  • Mutu

Posted July 04, 2007 - 11:45 PM

What are we all using when getting new clutch plates?

I know the yamaha OEM ones are great, but I would also like to hear from some people with aftermarket ones.

Anyone using an aftermarket YZ450F clutch kit in their WR? :thumbsup:

Been thinking about using an EBC or Barnett kit.

• Mutu

Posted July 06, 2007 - 01:52 AM

No one changed clutch?

• gregwr450f

Posted July 06, 2007 - 02:49 AM

You really should do your suspension first.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted July 06, 2007 - 03:36 PM

im using moose plates, but only as a replacement for worn stock plates.

if your stock plates arent worn, and you arent having any problems, there are better ways to spend that money.

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 06, 2007 - 06:40 PM

Replaced the clutch in my '04 with an EBC. Absolutely hated it and will never go aftermarket again. Very inconsistent free play adjustment when heated up. Only rode like two rides with it and yanked it for new oem plates. A world of difference.

• VB_Racing

Posted July 07, 2007 - 06:36 PM

Believe it or not, I picked up a tusk clutch set from rockymountain. I figured I would try it and if I did'nt like it I would change it out for a yamaha clutch set. I replaced fibers and plates. I am pretty tough on a clutch, and smoked the original. This Tusk has about 20 hours on it now, and works very well, no grabbiness, or unusual clutch freeplay.
The OEM clutch would squeal when it got hot, the Tusk clutch stays smooth. I have no complaints.Price was right too!!:thumbsup:

Dave

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.