MY WR STALLS, NEED HELP!

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_AlexsoCal_*

Posted October 23, 2000 - 09:07 PM

I did the throttle stop, air box & baffle modifications on my 00 WR, as described in this forum and my bike has more power and revs quicker(thanks for the posts everybody).
I rode it this weekend and when I would stop hard and start from a stand still as soon as I touch the throttle the engine will stall.
The jetting is still stock, I also noticed that now it would start a lot easier, in most cases in the first kick.
My next mod is YZ timing but I would like to solve this problem first.

Alex E. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted October 24, 2000 - 02:33 AM

Alex,

It's time to learn how to jet your bike. With the changes you made, you'll probably need to richen things up. Do a search on the subject using your bikes year during the search. You may also want to search using Clark Masons or James Deans names for the search criteria...they are the experts on jetting.

Write down where all your settings are now, take baby steps (few and small changes), write down your changes and effects of the change and good luck.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.