over heated

5 replies to this topic
  • craig224

Posted July 04, 2007 - 03:30 PM

I just got a 07 wr450. went riding with my kids. my boy crashed when I was helping him,I left my bike idleing and it over heated.:thumbsup: is it bad to keep it idling for a period of time:confused: or is something wrong?

• WR_Dave

Posted July 04, 2007 - 04:27 PM

It needs air flow to cool it. It was probably close to overheating if you have been following a small slower bike around for any time. Try one of the coolant enhancers like Water Wetter or Engine Ice , etc. It's got E-start so I suppose the rest is up to you. WR Dave

• craig224

Posted July 04, 2007 - 04:39 PM

yes we were going alittle slow for awhile. thanks for the reply

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brooks_Wackerman

Posted July 04, 2007 - 09:30 PM

WR's don't like to stand still

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 04, 2007 - 10:49 PM

I let mine idle no more than 2 minutes. If I'm stopped waiting for people I'll shut it down.

• crooks420

Posted July 04, 2007 - 11:10 PM

Yep, they need to move, to keep cool, and always shut it off if you will stop for more than a minute.

Jesse

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.