Hey Momilkman

3 replies to this topic
  • Jekel

Posted February 20, 2002 - 03:40 PM

What happened to Action Cycle in Spfd? Did anything happen to Mel? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

• MOmilkman

Posted February 21, 2002 - 03:44 AM

Nope. Nothing happened to him.
He just retired. .... finally :)

The guy that took over his shop moved it over to somewhere on Glenstone. Or so I heard.

There is a retirement party for him next Tuesday night at Cuzzins Pizza (I think that is how you spell it) on S. National and Republic Rd.

Let me know if your intrested in going and I will get you better info.

I will be there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted February 21, 2002 - 05:20 AM

I decided to go ahead and give you the info.

Here it is, as posted on the hillbilly grand prix website.

A great friend and a local legend in the off-road racing scene, Mel Gere, had retired. Mel, and his wife Carol, sold Action Cycle LTD at the end of 2001. For over twenty-five years Mel was the number one source for parts and accessories to thousands of racers and casual trail riders. Mel played many other roles as well including race promoter, banker (you guys know what I am talking about), advisor, father, and all-around great friend.

Mel's daughter and son, Carmel and Doug, have arranged a well-deserved Retirement Party for him. They are inviting all of you to be a part of it!

The Party will be held Tuesday, February 26, 2002, 6 - 9 p.m., at Cuzzin's Pizza, Pub and Grill located in the Andreas Plaza (4339 South National) just south of Republic Road. (For you out-of-towners, this is in Springfield.) The cost will be $5.99 for adults and $3.99 for kids. It should be noted that Cuzzin's serves up 26 different drafts of beer.

I encourage to get there early as it will be a great turnout! Bring your best Mel/Carol/Action Cycle stories and old photos if you have 'em. Don't miss this party as it will be a ton of fun!

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

• Jekel

Posted February 21, 2002 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for the info.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.