Wr V Dr400 ?

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 23, 2000 - 06:17 AM

Anybody done any comparsions on the wR against the Suzuki DR400 (enduro version) ?

Am I comparing 2 completely different beasts ?

Whats going to cost me more to maintain ?

Cheers Shane.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted October 23, 2000 - 12:17 PM

Ride both man.. they are really different animals.
If you buy the DRX and then ride a WR.. you'll be disappointed!! :)

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 23, 2000 - 12:19 PM

How is the arm doing?

Posted October 24, 2000 - 04:21 PM

From the "voice of experience" My buddy and I both bought new '00s, he bought the WR and I bought the DRZ S model . Yes you are compareing two different animals, the WR is for more open terrain and the DRZ is for tighter areas. As for power, I removed all the street stuff of my DRZ,put a Big gun exhaust and re-jetted, then compared it against his WR. Mine had as much if not more low end, but the WR had more on the top.
Remember I have the "S" model not the E which is even faster. Both he and I are in our forties and he hates having to kick the WR, so he's now waiting for the '01 DRZ E's to come in so he can trade in his WR. Bottom line: How old are you ( do you want a little "cush") like E-start, and what kind of riding do you plan to do. Both bike bikes are great at what they're made for. TB

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.