Two 2 Cool Engine Oil Treatment; xr650l

10 replies to this topic
  • tggray01

Posted July 04, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Hey all, I have a question: have any of you tried Two 2 Cool Engine Oil Treatment? It says that it will drop the engine temp by like 50 degrees F. I am wondering if this actually will decrease engine temps (my bike is running pretty lean (hotter than normal)). Will it hurt the engine? Increase horsepower?

• Rockjockey

Posted July 04, 2007 - 09:33 AM

I've never tried it but I have thought about it, I wonder how it reacts with synthetic oils? There have been lenthy threads on this product here and I believe the general consensus was that it does work. I use synthetic oil and am still on the fence due to that fact alone.

• tggray01

Posted July 04, 2007 - 09:36 AM

Well Rockjockey, it does not say specifically that it cannot work with synthetic oils, which are very commonly used, so I say that it would be safe. I would suggest calling a toll free number and ask the manufacturer directly. What else has been said about this stuff?

• HeadTrauma

Posted July 04, 2007 - 08:24 PM

1.)It says that it will drop the engine temp by like 50 degrees F.

2.) I am wondering if this actually will decrease engine temps (my bike is running pretty lean (hotter than normal)).

3.) Will it hurt the engine?

4.) Increase horsepower?

1.) Lies.
2.) No. Not enough to help, anyway.
3.) Probably not. Key word is probably.
4.) Not impossible, but not likely either.

Very, very few oil additives actually do anything beneficial. At best, most do nothing at all. At worst, they screw up the good qualities your plain oil already had. It is generally a safe assumption that a truly effective friction reducer will be sold to a large corporate entity, not marketed and sold piecemeal to the public through late night infomercials and websites.

IMO, save your money, get some good engine oil instead, and get the jetting sorted out so you don't run so hot.

• martinfan30

Posted July 05, 2007 - 02:03 PM

im on the boat with HT on this. i seriously doubt any additive will reduce oil temp by more than a few degrees. best solution is to rejet, change your oil/filter every 1000 miles.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted July 06, 2007 - 08:17 AM

OR add a oil cooler that will do 100 times more than any additive and your gonna drop temps guaranted with a cooler.

• tggray01

Posted July 08, 2007 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, I am not getting that stuff. I rejeted the beast (155 main) and it runs better now. It was surging with the desnorkel, so this helped tremendously!!

• scooter1100

Posted July 09, 2007 - 09:53 PM

I'd ask the manufacturer if it is compatible with wet clutches on motorcycles. if it's an aditive to reduce friction, the wet clutch is an item that you do not want to start slipping!! Auto and boat motors do not have oil bath clutch plates usually.....:thumbsup:

• Rockjockey

Posted July 10, 2007 - 01:39 PM

http://www.thumperta...ight=Two 2 Cool

• dezert thumper

Posted July 16, 2007 - 10:43 AM

Go with mobil 1 for wet clutches, here in socal I went to mobil 1 and change jets from a 155 main to a 162 main and it dropped the temp about 50deg. on my 93 xr650l

• rhodesker

Posted July 16, 2007 - 06:17 PM

I AGREE mobil 1 synthetic 4t 10w40, so i hear is a really good oil. i've got a few quarts on the way right now from the thumper talk store. it,s about 11.80 per quart.i'm gonna run it in all of my bikes. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.