results on my acc. adjustments......

2 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted October 22, 2000 - 02:58 AM

this is what I did

If I leave the fork in close and I ride the way I nomaly do, that is tight woods lots of turns the trottle full on full off the hole time I foul plugs. But the bike runs well.

Now I open the fork so the acc starts a little later, and I ride the same. the bike does not have the quick response but It dose not foul the plug..

But I did have to adjust the pilot screw to gain some performance....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sam

Posted October 23, 2000 - 04:59 AM

Hmmmmmm you've been at those mushrooms again haven't you!!! :)

• James_Dean

Posted October 23, 2000 - 07:37 AM

Fred,
You are right on target. The pump can squirt too much fuel at low speeds unless there is adequate delay ("starts a little later"). 1/8 to 1/4 throttle is where it should start to flow. Tight woods is a good example of a situation where the low speeds can't be avoided. Readjusting the pilot screw can fill in to a lesser extent.

In more wide open conditions the pump can be set to flow earlier giving a quicker response without a problem.

James

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.