Looks trick, works great! :thumbsup:

http://i90.photobuck...55/P3290042.jpg

• 642MX

Posted July 03, 2007 - 08:20 PM

It looks good. Bling Bling :thumbsup:

• twenty34

Posted July 03, 2007 - 08:39 PM

It looks good. Bling Bling :thumbsup:

If it had cooling fins, it would be serving two purposes. Now that would be bling!

• warrior86

Posted July 04, 2007 - 07:59 AM

lol, tahts pretty nice. Wouldnt mind buyin one myself. I would prefer it anodized blue tho.

• Wiz636

Posted July 04, 2007 - 08:04 AM

That is pretty slick :thumbsup: The stocker is kind of lame...I don't like plastic parts.

• grayracer513

Posted July 04, 2007 - 08:31 AM

Junior finally made up a small number of these in his shop class. They're not as pretty as that one, but they're cool.

One of the first things we did with the '06 was to cut a little plastic shield to tie to the front of the frame so as to keep rocks from breaking off the dip stick. Later, we just started running a 10mm bolt in the hole, and carried the dip stick in the fanny pack on trail rides, in case we'd need it.

• twenty34

Posted July 04, 2007 - 08:57 AM

Junior finally made up a small number of these in his shop class. They're not as pretty as that one, but they're cool.

One of the first things we did with the '06 was to cut a little plastic shield to tie to the front of the frame so as to keep rocks from breaking off the dip stick. Later, we just started running a 10mm bolt in the hole, and carried the dip stick in the fanny pack on trail rides, in case we'd need it.

I don't think anyone here really cares who makes them at this point (your son, or a forum member), but it would be great if you guys put your collective heads together and made them available to users on this and/or other forums.

This is were the real value is - providing value and in demand products/services to the ppl that make up this forum. I think we saw quite a few that would be interested in this part.

From what I understand, there wasn't much interest in doing this, but maybe the powers to be will reconsider and give others an opportunity to make a few bucks and offer something of value to the user base. That could be your son or whomever...

Just a random thought...Forgive me for thinking outside the box.:thumbsup:

• cowboyona426

Posted July 04, 2007 - 10:25 AM

Where did you get it and price???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted July 04, 2007 - 10:33 AM

Where did you get it and price???

Check your email...

Paypal...$20.
Fast delivery and response.

• grayracer513

Posted July 04, 2007 - 10:59 AM

maybe the powers to be will reconsider and give others an opportunity to make a few bucks and offer something of value to the user base. That could be your son or whomever...

Just a random thought...Forgive me for thinking outside the box.:thumbsup:

If the gentleman who has put this part out has the facilities available to him to produce these, and can fill orders reasonably well, he should contact Brian Wilson about marketing them here. That's more or less how the TT aluminum decompression bore plug got its start. It's good, worthwhile product that actually does something besides sparkle, and it's a well executed piece of work.

The rules against marketing something in the forums without paying for the privilege is certainly reasonable, given that TT itself is a for profit enterprise. Ad space is sold here, and that's part of what keeps the servers running. It simply isn't fair for one to have access to free advertising that others have to pay for.

Personally, I don't know why it's taken so long for someone to bring one of these gizmos to market. Seems like they'd sell. Maybe the guy behind this will follow through.

Frankly, I'd rather have one of these than the ones Junior made, but don't tell him that. :thumbsup:

• twenty34

Posted July 04, 2007 - 12:33 PM

given that TT itself is a for profit enterprise. Ad space is sold here, and that's part of what keeps the servers running.

Understood and by the same token, being a for profit operation that sells Ad space, you also know that ad space pricing is based on unique visitors and the members that make up these forums. Without us, TT wouldn't be in a position to sell Ad-space. The business model is designed to be a win-win typically.

:thumbsup:

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 04, 2007 - 01:58 PM

I'd definetely be interested in something like this for the WR, I'm not diggin the plastic dipstick dealio.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 04, 2007 - 02:09 PM

I have one for my 06 on the way. I have his email address for the supplier if anyone wants one thanks to a fellow TTer. :thumbsup:

PM me I will gladly give you his email address. I think he tried to get TT to sell these and that is either in the works or not worked out.......:thumbsup:

20.00 delivered.......a real bargain compared to the other companies that want 49.00

• WB450

Posted July 05, 2007 - 07:13 AM

I have one for my 06 on the way. I have his email address for the supplier if anyone wants one thanks to a fellow TTer. :thumbsup:

PM me I will gladly give you his email address. I think he tried to get TT to sell these and that is either in the works or not worked out.......:busted:

20.00 delivered.......a real bargain compared to the other companies that want 49.00

I'm glad your happy with it.:thumbsup:

• 426boy

Posted July 05, 2007 - 07:09 PM

does that thing stick up higher, cuz i have in aceribis 3.3 gal tank, on my 426 and the tank makes it really hard to get that dipstick loose

• grayracer513

Posted July 05, 2007 - 07:54 PM

That dip stick is for an '06, and it goes in the engine, not the frame. Won't fit yours.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.