taller seat for 06450

3 replies to this topic
  • The Italian Stallion

Posted July 03, 2007 - 07:06 PM

I have been rideing my old 04 crf the last few outings.My o6yz450 was sitting awhile with a flat and a torched rear tire that I was to lazy to change. Anyway when I got back on the yz it felt a little awkward. To me it feels like your on top of the bike on the honda and on the Yz your kind of in the bike.Should I get a taller seat? I am 6' 2"

• 642MX

Posted July 03, 2007 - 08:12 PM

I'm 6'4". I've added foam on every bike I've owned. I like soft foam so I removed my seat and took it down to the local trim shop and had them add an inch of some household-memory foam stuff.

I can now sit on my ass for hours without it hurting. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 04, 2007 - 05:11 AM

I have been rideing my old 04 crf the last few outings.My o6yz450 was sitting awhile with a flat and a torched rear tire that I was to lazy to change. Anyway when I got back on the yz it felt a little awkward. To me it feels like your on top of the bike on the honda and on the Yz your kind of in the bike.Should I get a taller seat? I am 6' 2"

yes and it makes you corner better because it is easier to get your weight forward....I luv mine...foam from Gutz, sealt cover from One Industries

Posted Image

• The Italian Stallion

Posted July 05, 2007 - 04:42 PM

yes and it makes you corner better because it is easier to get your weight forward....I luv mine...foam from Gutz, sealt cover from One Industries

Posted Image

Thanks nice bike. How much taller is the seat from stock? Does Gutz or one industries sell the complete seat so I can just bolt it on? The last time I did a seat cover it came out looking like one of those japanese bulldogs.Plus I want to keep the origanal seat.I like your all black one this way when I get the urge to by a new bike I can just put the yellow plastic on it and while i'm at it i'll buy some hair dye for the for the ol lady!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.