If I was to put a stock yz silencer on my wr would I have to change the jetting??????

3 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted October 20, 2000 - 02:28 AM

I would like to change the silencer to shave some weight...
I quess about 3 pounds...
take off my light, odom.. just when racing to save some pounds and not get my light broken...

• CAB

Posted October 20, 2000 - 07:11 AM

If you take off the spark arrestor and install a moto-X silencer, there will be less back pressure and your bike will run quicker. It may also run a little warmer. Consequently, you should probably plan to richen your jetting a bit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tommy

Posted October 20, 2000 - 01:39 PM

YES-I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A JETTING CHANGE. I HAVE A 1999 WR400 W/ A YZ EXHAUST. I MADE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES: 48 PILOT AND 178 MAIL.
KEEP THE NEEDLE AND CLIP IN THE STOCK POSITION. YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED WITH THE CHANGES. I LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIF.

• James_Dean

Posted October 20, 2000 - 02:10 PM

Fred,
You don't HAVE to change it. It can be set up better though, if you want to run both ways on the same jetting. Make your jetting a little rich for the racing setup and it should be able to switch back and forth with good performance.

James
(Did I mention there is a YZ silencer on my WR? :) )

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.