James or Clark help if you would (Jetting question)

3 replies to this topic
  • Kermit

Posted October 19, 2000 - 07:24 PM

First off my bike is TOTALLY stock '00 WR. I live at I beleive, 2200 ft. ride from there to about 5-6000 and up. I just rejetted from the stock jets PJ #42 and a MJ #165 stock to a PJ #45 and a MJ #170, needle at 4th clip from the bottom. Fuel screw out 1.5 turns.Brand new plug, CR9E The bike loves mid range and WOT. It spits and sputters at 1/4 throttle. Everything is sparkalie clean. I duel sport it so I am at 1/4 throttle A LOT. The bike runs great when I am on and off the gas when I hit the dirt or racing the engine. BUT I can't race it down the road the cops don't like that too much. Oh yeah it has the stock needle in it. (DRS?) Thank you very much guys,if you can help. I have read many of your post and you two seem to know your sh%t. No offense to anyone else on this site open opinions welcome.

[This message has been edited by Kermit (edited 10-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Kermit (edited 10-19-2000).]

• Clark_Mason

Posted October 19, 2000 - 08:05 PM

This is most likly due to a lean condition between 1/8 to 1/4 throttle.

Try your fuel screw at 2.5 turns out and see if this clears it up or makes it better?? If it makes it better go to a 48PJ and then set the fuel screw at 1.0 turns out and test if it still stumbles noticibly then increase the fuel screw opening in 1/4 turn increments until the stumbling at steady throttle settings is tollerable.

I also have run into this situation as I ride street quite a bit. Richening the pilot circuit as suggested above should help. The stock DRS needle is fairly lean on the straight section which further agravates this situation.

Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted October 20, 2000 - 06:41 AM

... and also try the DRS in the standard #3 clip counted from top, with this process. We normally count clip positions from the top.

(DRS#4 is close to DVR#6, a rich clip setting)

• Kermit

Posted October 20, 2000 - 03:21 PM

Thanks guys I'll let you know. How it goes. I haven't had a chance to rip into it yet.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.