battery questions

3 replies to this topic
  • pianoexcellence

Posted July 03, 2007 - 05:32 PM

I don't know anything about batteries (04 XRL) but mine has been dead since winter regardless of riding (I just bump start it all the time)

is there any way to bring it back to life? How long should a battery last under normal circumstances

if not, where is the best place to get a new one?

thanks all.

• cleonard

Posted July 04, 2007 - 08:08 AM

The battery is likely dead. Does you headlight come on when you turn on the switch?

You don't have to get a Honda one as the batteries are pretty standard. You should be able to save a some bucks from some online store. There have been a few in this forum who used the CFR450X battery to save a couple of pounds, at the price of lower capacity.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pianoexcellence

Posted July 04, 2007 - 10:13 AM

The battery is likely dead. Does you headlight come on when you turn on the switch?

You don't have to get a Honda one as the batteries are pretty standard. You should be able to save a some bucks from some online store. There have been a few in this forum who used the CFR450X battery to save a couple of pounds, at the price of lower capacity.

The headlight comes on, but pretty weakly...

• tcj650

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:25 PM

sounds like he battery itself is shorted.. (quickly dies, won't hold a charge)
this can be hard on the charging system as it sees the need to go to full charge all the time. My 2004 is still on the original battery I always use a battery tender when it in the garage

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.