Fuel screw adjustment

1 reply to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted February 20, 2002 - 01:21 PM

I changed my pilot jet to a 45 from the 42. With the bike running(idling), I was able to completely close the pilot screw and the bike continued to run. Why? Where is the fuel coming from at idle? I can believe it was pulling enough fuel through the main past the needle while the slide was closed to run, can it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Herkypilot

Posted February 20, 2002 - 03:19 PM

I did the same thing and had been running a #45 for about 1/2 a year. Then I installed a Kouba T-handle and was following the directions on how to properly adjust your fuel screw. It said if you could turn the fuel screw all the way in with no change in RPM then drop your PJ down. I also fouled a plug a couple of weeks ago. I dropped back down to a #42 with no problems. Bike runs great now. Do a search on Kouba to find the full story. (And thanks again to NHKevin for all the leg work!) :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.