Ordered my dvp needle using part no. 5be-14916-dp the shop said I was crazy,

3 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted October 19, 2000 - 12:13 PM

I told the shop the micro film was wrong they said I was nuts. So I paid in full up front and they said no matter what comes it's mine...
Nice guys last time I buy from them....

• James_Dean

Posted October 19, 2000 - 12:32 PM

Seeing is believing.

Can the shop guy explain the difference between 5BE-14916-DP and 5JG-14916-DP?
They are BOTH listed as DVP.

Tell him to look in the SERVICE MANUAL for the YZ426. It lists the correct part numbers and labels under the optional needles in the tuning section. The 5JG is a DKP.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_in_Long_Beach

Posted October 19, 2000 - 02:44 PM

My local parts department also found it hard to believe they were wrong.

But after calling up Yamaha, the techies at Yamaha said that the Microphiche was wrong and they will fix it. That was about 4 months ago.

Looks like it is still wrong.

• fred

Posted October 19, 2000 - 03:38 PM

I thank you guy's for all your help, and I can't wait to get my needle and try it out.....

Thanks again
Fred

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.