From a 158 to 160 Main Jet XR600R

3 replies to this topic
  • FZ1426

Posted July 03, 2007 - 02:44 PM

Wow! What a difference two points makes.
This thing now will power wheelie unassisted in third (on the street) whereas before it would not.

Conditions:

Stock motor
Stock headpipe (welds ground)
Stock gearing
Sea level/80 degrees f.
Pro Circuit megaphone supertrapp (cut 2.5" shorter) 8 discs.
68 pilot
Third clip
Uni filter

Gotta love that RFVC head. I'm not sure my 650R would ever have done that.:thumbsup:

• Kawabuggy

Posted July 03, 2007 - 06:00 PM

I am running the 68S pilot and 158MJ but already have the 160MJ at my desk waiting to go into the carb. I have been very pleased with the 158 but decided to try the 160 just to see if there was anything else to be gained.

I have a Big Gun EVO (full system) which has a header with larger diameter tubes than stock, and I am running an 11:1 piston along with the Uni filter. I should have my scattered motor back together within the next week or so to see if the MJ change makes a difference.

Glad to hear that it is working well for you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FZ1426

Posted July 03, 2007 - 10:39 PM

I am running the 68S pilot and 158MJ but already have the 160MJ at my desk waiting to go into the carb. I have been very pleased with the 158 but decided to try the 160 just to see if there was anything else to be gained.

I have a Big Gun EVO (full system) which has a header with larger diameter tubes than stock, and I am running an 11:1 piston along with the Uni filter. I should have my scattered motor back together within the next week or so to see if the MJ change makes a difference.

Glad to hear that it is working well for you.

I want to try the 68S as well. It's got a little stumble with just a crack of throttle. I'm hoping the S will richen it just a tad.

• Kawabuggy

Posted July 04, 2007 - 06:37 AM

I can tell you that I have ZERO stumble off idle. The bike is a rocket with explosive acceleration. That is why I am just not sold on how much better a pumper carb is supposed to make it run.. If it got much better than it is now, I think I would wet myself.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.