New, cheaper seats available from SDG

3 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 19, 2000 - 08:41 AM

In the latest Cycle News, which I just received for free, there is an advertisement for replacement MX seats available.

check it out @: www.sdgusa.com
Their advertised price is $85, which includes everything, including the base.

phone: 714-258-1224

Our "internet wall" came up here at work, so I cannot check it out at this time. But you can!

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Canada for 2001...???

• Al_in_Sacto

Posted October 19, 2000 - 09:26 PM

Kevin,
Thanks for the tip. Spoke to Jerry at SDG. He said their new YZ400/426 seat will weigh 1.5 lbs less than stock. They are using a water-proof superlight closed-cell foam currently used in the medical industry.

Per Jerry, the seat firmness will be similar to the stock YZF'er.

The YZF seat won't be available until December/January but worth the wait if you're interested in shaving 1.5 lbs for $90!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Heywood

Posted October 19, 2000 - 01:16 PM

I run the SDG seats on my mountain bikes. They rule!. The kevlar covers last the longest of any seat I have tried, by far, and they are light. When you buy them you have to check the box to see if there is anything inside!

They get $85.00 for their mountain bike seats, so I was a little suprised that they are claiming about the same for a motorcycle seat that would require way more materials. Then I remembered the mountain bike seats have titanium rails.......

$90.00 is a very good price for a complete seat if you consider the $125.00 for the base, $50.00 for the foam, and $50.00 for the cover.

I think they will sell alot of these!!!

• Kermit

Posted October 19, 2000 - 07:57 PM

No kidding!!! Can't wait til they come out I was getting ready to buy one from IMS, almost ordered it today. I think I'll wait. I have one of their seats on my mountain bike. A bitchin' company, I know they do custom covers (colors and styles...) for their mountain seats I am assumming they will do the same for the moto one. Thanks Kevin!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.