Best exhaust for 2001 yz426f?

10 replies to this topic
  • LPT1485

Posted July 03, 2007 - 01:40 PM

I just bought this bike about 2 weeks ago, upgraded from an o4 yz250f. The bike is wicked nice, I was just wondering what everyone here recommends for a full exhaust system, and is there much of a gain by doing a pipe filter and jet kit on these machines? Its has the 03 cam in it and runs beautifully, and other good upgrades you guys have please tell me, thanks and have a good one.

• martybec

Posted July 03, 2007 - 08:08 PM

Ive got an FMF powercore4 with the stock head pipe on mine. Its better than stock, but if I had it to do over again, I would buy the q series. Just a little quiter.

• Drav

Posted July 03, 2007 - 08:16 PM

Im running a full titanium Yosh RS-3 and I love it, everyone compliments the sound.

• 642MX

Posted July 03, 2007 - 08:18 PM

I've rode with the stock exhaust, yoshimura, and FMF on my 426. The stock exhaust had no hit compared to either aftermarket exhaust. The Yoshi made a lot of mid range power, but the quality was sub-standard, it fell apart after a year of use. I now have the FMF Titanium 4 with the powerbomb header. The FMF system makes really broad, smooth power. It doesn't hit as hard as the Yoshi, but I like the broader power. Also, I've had the FMF for a couple of years and its holding up great. :thumbsup:

• 02WR426Cali

Posted July 03, 2007 - 08:28 PM

How about Dr. D slip ons or full systems? Does anyone have any experiance with these on 426's??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sheesfast

Posted July 03, 2007 - 08:59 PM

How about Dr. D slip ons or full systems? Does anyone have any experiance with these on 426's??

mine has a nice aggressive sound. click the link for my vids

• LPT1485

Posted July 04, 2007 - 06:54 AM

Thats a sweet bike, it sounds $$. Has anyone had any experience with the carbon fiber shorty gytr system from yamaha? And also has anyone here heard of "Thunder alley" exhaust systems, I was wondering how they stack up against the rest. Thanks for your responses

• sheesfast

Posted July 04, 2007 - 07:44 AM

thanks man!
hehe i think im gonna have to start it up today, just so i can hear it.

• buzzgrizz

Posted July 04, 2007 - 03:28 PM

dr d full system works real good on my 426

• dmoney1074

Posted July 04, 2007 - 06:51 PM

I bought my bike with a white bros. e series pipe, but it was trashed so i went with an fmf q2 and powerbomb header. I kid you not, it made a world of difference! It turned my 426 into a new bike.... very exciting.... oh and its pretty quiet! FMF makes quality shit!

• Drav

Posted July 04, 2007 - 08:15 PM

Honestly after using the titanium Yosh full system, my full DRD and full E-series are just collecting dust in the garage...the sound is better, weighs 1/3 as much as either and the power gain is rediculous.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.