What's a good long distance riding jacket for this time of year?

6 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 03, 2007 - 01:16 PM

I like some of the leather ones but they are not water proof and far too hot I imagine.

It's a tough choice and a comprimise in one area or the other because you don't want too heavy of one so you can pack it away, yet want decent protection, yet don't want it too hot and yet want it water proof.

I don't have a true cycle jacket and am also concerned with the color of it, being that I WANT to be seen and not blend in with the road.

:thumbsup: So what are some good choices ?

• martinfan30

Posted July 03, 2007 - 02:15 PM

wife beater!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Rockjockey

Posted July 03, 2007 - 03:05 PM

This is my jacket of choice it has a zip out liner for cold weather and lots of ventilation for hot weather. Polyurethane coated for water resistance and pads are included in shoulders, elbows and back.

http://www.alpinesta...2/p/330146.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted July 03, 2007 - 03:28 PM

http://www.tourmaste...ductid=43&cat=3

• zodran

Posted July 03, 2007 - 04:25 PM

I just got a kilimanjaro air for warm weather that I like pretty well. It's mostly mesh so I doubt it would protect as well as leather or a solid jacket.
I also have an older joe rocket ballistic and another kilimanjaro for cooler weather.
I usually get red for visibility but not as garish as the hi- viz offerings.:thumbsup:

• killerxr650

Posted July 03, 2007 - 06:48 PM

If you are looking for a dual sport one. Check out the Accelerator. It is made by Cortech(Tourmaster). I only could find it on the helmethouse.com website. Just go there and click on the Catalog section and click on Accelerator button. Waterproof, zip out liner & sleeves, & vents galore. $199 retail I think.

• award900

Posted July 07, 2007 - 12:48 PM

Aerostich Darien. There are no substitutes.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.