Moab Jumping Rocks - The Results

8 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted October 18, 2000 - 10:10 AM

Rocks 1 - WR -2 (radiator & Thumper guard)

More pics

Edit #1 - It worked!!!!! Plagarism the ultimate form of flattery - just copied Cueballs post of Jake's pic :)

[This message has been edited by Brian Meadows (edited 10-18-2000).]

• KerryT

Posted October 18, 2000 - 10:18 AM

Were you jumping rocks with your radiator or on your tires? :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted October 18, 2000 - 10:27 AM

Does it matter?

This is evidence that rocks can jump out in front of your or into that nice soft spot of dirt that you picked out to fall over on.

Maybe I'll send these to Geraldo or Jerry Springer.....

• Dougie

Posted October 18, 2000 - 10:59 AM

Baja Designs sells a whistle that mounts cleanly to the front fender and scares the rocks away so they don't jump out in front of you (like those deer whistles that mount on cars).

Of course you have to be going fast enough to get the air to blow through it :)

Dougie, '99 WR400 with a lot of dumb, stupid, here take my money, I have to have them but they don't make me a better rider extra mods.
(Except the dampner :D)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott

Posted October 18, 2000 - 11:02 AM

You guys are brutal.. :)

Way to "kick a guy when his radiator is down."

99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket

• Bryan

Posted October 18, 2000 - 04:05 PM

That's hilarious Doug!

:) :D :D :D

You win the TTalk dig of the month!

• Gary_Kessler

Posted October 18, 2000 - 07:40 PM

I'd recommend Mylers Radiator repair. . .I had some New Mexico cousins of those Moab rocks attack my radiator. . .Mylers fixed it right up, for $35 + shipping. 800-367-7699 or 801-280-8040

'00 WR, YZ modified and MX-Tech suspension;now if I could just ride it.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted October 19, 2000 - 07:38 AM

Hey Dougie,
Kieth Code, Street Bike Guy, now sells it's skid pad outriggers to help dirt bike land those big jumps. They act kinda like training wheels...... Mounts cleanly to the frame in place of a skid plate. Also said to act as a roll cage in the event you crash in front of a large moving object with 18 wheels :) Might even be able to rig up some ankle restraints to keep your feet from getting tangled up in rear wheels & exhausts.

Maybe we just need to separate you & Jake...

• Dougie

Posted October 19, 2000 - 08:00 AM

You could put one of those Star Wars force fields around me and my bike and I would still find a way to crash.

This brings up a thought that crosses my mind alot...Is anyone else amazed at the punishment these bikes take? And yet they just ask for more. And I am always up to give it too them.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.