went to pick up my dvp needle at it was stamped dkp......

8 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted October 17, 2000 - 12:04 PM

yea I went to the shop to get my needle today, and on the little bag it came in it had the right part no. on it but the needle itself was dkp instead of dvp. Is this nomal or not

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 17, 2000 - 12:07 PM

Fred,
Your needle is fine. My DVP was the same, and it was mentioned on this forum before.

• James_in_New_Mexico

Posted October 18, 2000 - 02:04 PM

Fred / Kevin in NH,

I am confused, I searched the archives and found a post that Clark says they are different.

Fred-did you order # 5BE-14916-DP?

WHat's up? I have a DKP stamped needle as well and found I could not seem to get the jetting right with it.

James

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted October 18, 2000 - 02:52 PM

The Yamaha microphiche is wrong!

When you order the needle as a DVP you will get the DKP. Unless the have corrected the situation.

Order the part by the part number (the dealer may tell you are ordering a DKP. But you will get a DVP.

Go strictly by the number stamped on the needle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted October 18, 2000 - 04:28 PM

They are not the same!!

Always go by the code stamped on the needle an DVP is a DVP not a DKP. The Yamaha part number for the DVP needle is:

5BE-14916-DP

In this series of numbers the 5BE is critical because Yamaha fish for 00 bikes will use a different three digit prefix (5JG)with all the other numbers the same and you will get the wrong needle.

If in doubt call Montclair Yamaha at 1-800-RID-EYAM and order it from them as they may have the DVP needles in stock.

5BE-14916-DP

NOT!!

5JG-14916-DP!!!

good luck

Clark

• James_Dean

Posted October 18, 2000 - 05:48 PM

Clark is right---

The YZ426 parts fiche is wrong

For clarity:

5BE-14916-DP is a DVP

5JG-14916-DP is a DKP (way too rich)

5JG-14916-EP is a EKP

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited 10-18-2000).]

• James_in_New_Mexico

Posted October 19, 2000 - 03:40 AM

James/Clark,

:) Thanks for the clarification. :D

James

------------------
If you haven't laid it down, you're not riding hard enough!

• Tree_Crippler

Posted October 19, 2000 - 05:19 AM

My needle says OBDVP on it. I take it this is the correct needle.

• James_Dean

Posted October 19, 2000 - 10:11 AM

TC,
OBDVP is correct.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.