Oil from Ignition Cover & Breather

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 16, 2000 - 05:45 PM

I've read in the forum that the WR has a "wet" ignition. This weekend the timing plug was a little loose and quite a bit of oil seemed to be coming out. Also when I stopped riding oil dripped out of the breather for a few minutes. I've seen oil come in the past, but not this much. I tighten the plug and checked the oil level. Everything seemed to be ok and the bike was running fine.

Has anyone experienced this??

Thanks
MH

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted October 16, 2000 - 10:20 PM

st louis

they all chuff out of that breather. this is a very tiny engine with a big piston inside going like hell.

the crankcase has to be able to breath & there is a special system for letting thousands of litres of air out of your engine & not oil.

unfortunately a little oil does get past the sentries, the barbed wire, the rottweilers, the ditch, the wall & the search lights!!!!!

if anything is loose it'll seap oil.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.