wr handlebars

7 replies to this topic
  • c2

Posted October 16, 2000 - 04:06 AM

Which set of after-market bars is most similar to the stock wr's. I bent the sh*t out of mine saturday. Thanks.

Chris

• Kermit

Posted October 16, 2000 - 05:34 AM

c2, I just did that too...I bought a some Renthal Jeremy McGrath replicas-$90, I know I could of gotten 'em cheaper off the net, but, I needed them RIGHT NOW! They seem real close to the stockers...but I think they have less sweep and they make the stearing 'feel' more precise...at least to me. One more thing I noticed that you will feel a little more vibration 'cause they are aluminum, you can get weights to put on the inside of the bar to cut down the vibration...it helps with arm pump. From what I read most guys like a bar with a "CR" bend I have tried those I really don't like them...the bar feels too high for me...it is all personal taste anyway. I would love to get some Answer Pro Tapers, I just can't afford to buy a new top triple clamp right now. (saving for a Gore-Tex Moose jacket and a new fuel tank/seat and a new tire and a this and that and blah blah blah....)

[This message has been edited by Kermit (edited 10-16-2000).]

• c2

Posted October 16, 2000 - 05:38 AM

Thanks for the info.

Chris

Originally posted by Kermit:
c2, I just did that too...I bought a some Renthal Jeremy McGrath replicas. They seem real close to the stockers...but I think they have less sweep and they make the stearing 'feel' more precise...at least to me. One more thing I noticed that you will feel a little more vibration 'cause they are aluminum, you can get weights to put on the inside of the bar to cut down the vibration...it helps with arm pump. From what I read most guys like a bar with a "CR" bend I have tried those I really don't like them...the bar feels too high for me...it is all personal taste anyway. I would love to get some Answer Pro Tapers, I just can't afford to buy a new top triple clamp right now. (saving for a Gore-Tex Moose jacket and a new fuel tank/seat and a new tire and a this and that and blah blah blah....)

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 16, 2000 - 05:48 AM

Chris,
There are different CR bend bars: CR High, CR Low, Jeremy McGrath. Also, there are different year bends. My 91 CR bars were very similiar to the McGrath bars AND the WR bars. You can check out Renthal's websight. Dennis Kirk and Chapparal may have a breakdown on the different bars also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kermit

Posted October 16, 2000 - 06:13 AM

You're right Kevin, I forgot about the different heights and bends...I'm still half a sleep when I wrote that.

• Gary_Kessler

Posted October 16, 2000 - 08:15 AM

Chris,

Being the unofficial resident tester for bars (I fall A LOT and bend bars, including ProTapers), I have finally decided on two bars.

If you like the FAT bars (which cost you an extra $60 for the d&*n mounting kits) then I'd suggest the Azonics (CR High bend). They're a little shorter than the stocks, and ProTapers and they are tough bars.

If you don't want to spend the extra cash on the mounting brackets and want excellent bars that mount into stock brackets, then try DeMarini. Get the bars for the CR, not the YZ. They have the same bend as the stock YZ, but are shorter. I'd suggest the platinum bars if they are available, if not the singlewalls are excellent too.

Bars are a personal choice and most of the time you never really know if you will like a bar until you ride it. . .

My 2¢. . . .

------------------
'00 WR, YZ modified and MX-Tech suspension;now if I could just ride it.

[This message has been edited by Gary Kessler (edited 10-16-2000).]

• bonez34

Posted October 16, 2000 - 06:40 PM

i have the renthal mcgrath rider rep's and i feel they are too low. im 6ft 145lbs soakin wet with a rock in my pocket. by the way, chaparral has renthals for buy one at 60-65 get one half price!!!

• c2

Posted October 17, 2000 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for all the info. I went to the local shop, got some renthals. Did not even think if they would fit with my handguards. A simple bar swap turned into a "project" trying to find an adapter kit. So if anyone wants to know the part # to go from stock wr bars to renthals using maier aluminums is 59527. Thanks again, this page is great.

Originally posted by c2:
Which set of after-market bars is most similar to the stock wr's. I bent the sh*t out of mine saturday. Thanks.

Chris

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.