Attention Heywood

31 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 14, 2000 - 05:25 PM

Thanks,Fro goin out in style, got me all choked up,were's my hankie?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 14, 2000 - 05:37 PM

Better yet where's Fro's ex-girlfriend wonder if she's got more miles on her than his SR250?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 14, 2000 - 09:18 PM

Come On!!.... Name another rider who has come back to SX AFTER 8 YEARS OUT OF IT and run good!.... Next you're going to be tellin me Jimmy Weinert is signing with Kawasaki!..... Run with McGrath?.... I don't think so.... Can anybody tell me whether Bayle is older than LaRocco? I'd say he is at least 1 year older, maybe 2.... He may very well be signing with Suzuki... but I bet he won't be making much in salary... it'll be performance incentive's... the accountants will insist on that.... sounds like DeCoster doesn't want to deal with young Americans anymore.... not that I blame him.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 15, 2000 - 04:53 AM

This may raise a bit of flack...but here goes. I have seen Bayle ride, and have seen McGrath ride. In my opinion, Bayle was/(still is ???) a better MX'er and SX'er. That Dude just smoked! I don't recall which race it was, but Bayle was in 4th before a stretch of whoops. In front of him was (Cooper/Stanton/Kied/Ward/McGrath?). At the end of the whoops, Bayle was LEADING! That guy was unreal. My buddy had it on tape. Remember, Bayle took the SX, 250 and Open #1's in the same year! Tell me that is not talent.

My 2 cents (no sense?) :)

P.S.
Greg, How many animals did Moses take on the ark?

If a rooster is on top of a house, with his butt over the eastern edge of the roof line, and there is a wind coming out of the east, which way does the egg roll?

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Canada for 2001...???

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 10-15-2000).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 15, 2000 - 07:11 AM

Scrambled!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 15, 2000 - 07:19 AM

Bayle at Daytona sticks in my mind I seem to remember him in some sand whoops, into hay bails semi over the bars, and then wide open on the throttle jumping a double all the while throwin a forty foot rooster tail. I can relate to the over the bars part :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 15, 2000 - 07:42 AM

Howard,
Would that be a "Flying W"? Been there, done that more times than I care to remember!!

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Canada for 2001...???

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 15, 2000 - 07:48 AM

You must be reffering to a no footer! :) Some are just a bit bigger than others go HUGE!

• MotoGreg

Posted October 15, 2000 - 08:54 AM

Hey DeBarker,
I never said how he was going to do... all I said was that I've heard he's close to signing.

I don't think anyone can expect him to come in and beat MC but I'm sure he could be a top five racer no problem. He left because he was bored with it, it was too easy for him and he went to find a new challenge in roadracing.

------------------
The proceeding nonsense brought to you by MotoGreg
On two wheels (or 3) since 1970
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a shwangy 916)
'99 WR/YZ400F 'Cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!
Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

• Heywood

Posted October 16, 2000 - 07:44 AM

Wow, my name in the subject and I didn't get a chance to guess! You snooze, you loose. I don't get on the computer much on the week-ends.... :)

So Bayle is going to ride, that should be interesting. I had heard that something was up with Suzuki, but I didn't know what capacity.

I think his age and high mileage will take its toll on him. There is no doubt he was one of the best of all time. I remember a quote from a Moto-World interview where he basically said "I am so smooth, I do not need to train....". Cocky Bastage, but he was kicking everybody a$$.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 16, 2000 - 08:51 AM

Greg,
Moses was not on the ark, it was Noah.

Roosters don't lay eggs.

• sam

Posted October 17, 2000 - 02:49 AM

JMB wuhooo! 125/250 WORLD CHAMP went to america and kicked everyones butt!
Remember moto-x des nations 1986 ish JMB on a 125 came from the back and stuffed everyone even the 500's.
If he can ride 70% of his old self he'll be battling for wins

long live the king

Sam

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.