'00 YZ426 pipe on my '00 WR400?

3 replies to this topic
  • bobwombat

Posted October 16, 2000 - 12:42 PM

Understand from recent forum postings that replacing my stock WR pipe w/a stock YZ426 pipe would be (roughly) equivalent to adding a nice aftermarket pipe.

if so, can the forum share what it thinks would be a fair price to pay my local riding buddy for a basically new '00 YZ426 header & pipe?

also, can anyone share if the pipe will mate w/my header or if i should replace my stock header w/the stock 426 header as well. will the stock 426 header/pipe combo fit w/out any bolt-on issues?

many thx to all for continued great advice. bobwombat

• Polo

Posted October 16, 2000 - 01:03 PM

I did exactly what you are talking about. 2000WR 2000YZ pipe. I paid $50.00 from the local motercycle shop for the header and pipe. Someone had installed an aftermaket and left there old one. Headers seamed to be exacly the same so I just changed the pipe. And no it does not just bolt up. But it is easy to make work. I just picked up some large washers and a longer bolt to make it work. You will understand when you hold up the new pipe to the frame. To get it all runing good I did the fallowing. YZ timing, DVP needle, 48pilot and 175 main, one screw out on the air screw. Runs like a bandit. Midrange will kick you in the %&#. I am at 4000-5000 ft el. Hope that helps.
Polo

[This message has been edited by Polo (edited 10-16-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bobwombat

Posted October 16, 2000 - 01:58 PM

thx for the info, polo. i'm not YZ timed but also went w/a 175 main & 48 pilot w/stock needle. i'm @ about 1000' so will i need to richen up a bit? can't say i'm disappointed at all w/the stock performance but have an opportunity for this brand new YZ pipe. still interested in hearing from others as well. thx again. bobwombat

• bobwombat

Posted October 16, 2000 - 02:25 PM

polo, i forgot to ask if the headers are the same & it's just from the header rearward that differs. also, did u YZ time before or after the YZ pipe? wondered if u noticed the mid range boost w/stock WR timing....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.