WR400 mods

6 replies to this topic
  • Roger

Posted October 12, 2000 - 05:00 PM

just bought '00 WR400. With the help of some friends with YZ's have modified in the following ways. Removed stock rear fender installed YZ. Replaced stock top triple clamp with YZ. replaced head light with YZ number plate. Replaced stock pipe with '99 YZ400. Odometer removed. Odometer drive replaced with YZ spacer. Result is 8# lighter and quiter than stock. Leaving the WR bottom end on a large tank YZ. On my yearly trips to Colorado I plan to install the headlight, spark arrestor and odo. Meanwhile, I have after market plastic that will keep my stock stuff new untill the big ride in the mountins with all my buddys. The cost was small due to these good buds.

• fershy

Posted October 12, 2000 - 06:34 PM

Nice to keep the price down when the harvest comes in? Must have been real good buds?
fershy

• Bryan Bosch

Posted October 12, 2000 - 07:33 PM

Roger, why didn't you just buy the yz? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roger

Posted October 13, 2000 - 03:24 PM

I motocrossed for years. Rode AMA nationals till I was 35. I'm now 58. I still ride very hard and do local MXs. As I said I go to the Rockies every year to ride with my buds. I wanted the lighting, gearing and power band of the WR. I can ride this thing on the trails, hare scrambles or motocross. It will do more better then the YZ for me.

• bonez34

Posted October 13, 2000 - 09:46 PM

i feel the same way about the all-in-one bike versus just one. BTW how is your bike quiter than a stock wr? a stock yz can is noticeably more loud than a stock wr with the baffle in and about the same with no baffle-right?

• Roger

Posted October 14, 2000 - 06:07 PM

Originally posted by bonez34:
i feel the same way about the all-in-one bike versus just one. BTW how is your bike quiter than a stock wr? a stock yz can is noticeably more loud than a stock wr with the baffle in and about the same with no baffle-right?

• Roger

Posted October 14, 2000 - 06:13 PM

Having a hard time getting into this board. The muffler that came on my WR was very loud. The YZ unit has a softer note.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.