500 mile ride

1 reply to this topic
  • pianoexcellence

Posted July 01, 2007 - 11:39 AM

Well, I went on my first 500 mile ride,(XRL) and it wasnt as bad as I may have thought.

I ran out of gas once though...

The bike was up for the task.

One Question though: I noticed when i was climbing a freeway mountain pass, that the bike would hesitate a little every once in a while.

Would you say that this is just a jetting issue? (My bike is jetted for sea level. and i was riding at about 6000' at that point. I am just worried that I may have been pushing the bike too hard.

thanks for the replies.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted July 01, 2007 - 03:18 PM

Yeah still a little large on the main. I thought you had a XR650R with the jet specs I gave you. I know the 650L has smaller main jets than the R. There might be some needle tuning to deal with also.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.