hot cams shim kit?

3 replies to this topic
  • ZEHR

Posted July 01, 2007 - 05:46 AM

I have a 2004 wr450f and i will be doing the valve clearances soon and was wondering if the "Hot Cams valve shim kit" uses the same shims as what are already in my bike? so i can just buy the kit instead of going to a dealer and having all that down time? thanks

ps, my bike is setup for street supermoto and i want more top end power does the yz cam mod make a big difference?

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 01, 2007 - 02:15 PM

Any 9.48mm shim will work on the the big bore thumpers like the WR 450f and a few of the small bore trail pigs like the TT-R 250 and the DR-Z 250. The Jap 250fs (YZf, WR, RM-Z, KX-F, CRF/R, and CRF/X) all use the 7.48mm shims.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ZEHR

Posted July 01, 2007 - 02:57 PM

thanks for the info

• Dano426

Posted July 01, 2007 - 03:57 PM

I have a hot cams refill kit shim sizes 1.80 - 2.05 (5 of each) I purchased it for my YZ426 because the local dealer did not have a 2.00 shime

I paid $35 for the kit and will sell them all for $25.00 + shipping

You could then buy another refill kit sizes 1.50 - 1.75 and have the whole kit for less

PM me if you are interested

Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.