Will a 14T with X-ring fit '06 YZ450F?

4 replies to this topic
  • ben_suhard

Posted June 30, 2007 - 09:23 PM

Does anyone know if a 14T front sprocket with a DID x-ring chain will fit ok (not rub the case or case saver which says 13T on it) on an '06 YZ450F?
Cheers!

• grayracer513

Posted June 30, 2007 - 09:55 PM

The X-ring should fit; my Regina ORN6 does, and they are roughly the same dimensions. Know that rear wheel alignment is critical to preventing the chain from hitting the inside of the frame above the swing arm, though.

A 14 fits mine, too, although just as with running the 15 on the '03, the case saver has to be removed to get the chain on. If you need to, you can slot the upper bolt slightly to allow the guide (saver) to rock forward for a little more clearance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ben_suhard

Posted June 30, 2007 - 10:18 PM

Ok, thanks Gray. The x-ring pins are only 1.8mm wider on each side than my mx chain, but I've heard that sometimes x or o-ring chains won't fit on mxers. I had a look on my bike and it looks like there won't be too much clearance from the case if the chain is going to sit higher, but the 14T probably won't be too much higher.

• CROGGR

Posted July 01, 2007 - 12:22 AM

Does anyone know if a 14T front sprocket with a DID x-ring chain will fit ok (not rub the case or case saver which says 13T on it) on an '06 YZ450F?
Cheers!

That's what I'm running on mine and it was a no hassle bolt on deal!

• ben_suhard

Posted July 01, 2007 - 02:19 AM

Great! Thanks CROGGR.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.