2000 Wr400 vs 2001 KTM 520 EXC

4 replies to this topic
  • MiguelTavares

Posted October 11, 2000 - 12:12 PM

Im have to make a difficult decision:
Having my Wr for over 6 months now. YZ timing, Filter lid removed, Spot on Jetting, WB E series Exhaust with tapered header. Love this machine so much!

Yesterday put US$ 2,500 deposit on one of only 4 520's coming to town on December.

I was told wonderful things about this bike.
I am not sure about migrating to Orange Country.
Are KTMs as reliable as Yamahas?
Do they feel as light as they say?
How about parts availability in the US?

I need Help to make up my mind.

Dont want to feel guilty selling my trusty and RELIABLE WR.

H E L P!!!!

------------------

• MotoGreg

Posted October 11, 2000 - 05:22 PM

You are moving to Orange County California? Let us know when you get here and we'll show you all the good riding spots.

------------------
The proceeding nonsense brought to you by MotoGreg
On two wheels (or 3) since 1970
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a shwangy 916)
'99 WR/YZ400F 'Cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!
Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • So_Cal_Erik

Posted October 11, 2000 - 06:41 PM

That's orange country, not orange county, knuckle-head! :) Miguel, the 520 is an awesome bike, you
won't be disappointed. If you are, you can always sell it easily for what you paid for it. I own a 2000 400sx and it is totally reliable, just keep the oil changed often and you'll be fine. Where are you located?
I might want to put a deposit down on one of the other 520's, an sx model if possible, if your dealership has one available and it's relatively close.

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

[This message has been edited by So Cal Erik (edited 10-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by So Cal Erik (edited 10-11-2000).]

• MotoGreg

Posted October 11, 2000 - 07:39 PM

LOL!!! That is funny! I must be a damn knuckle head! Who would want to move to Orange Country anyways? Is that near Poland?

------------------
The proceeding nonsense brought to you by MotoGreg
On two wheels (or 3) since 1970
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a shwangy 916)
'99 WR/YZ400F 'Cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!
Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

• MiguelTavares

Posted October 12, 2000 - 02:56 AM

Sorry!, forgot to mention were i live:
Santiago, Dominican Republic (in the Caribbean sea).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.