Finally!!!.....

36 replies to this topic
  • JSanfilippo

Posted July 02, 2007 - 10:40 PM

Should be a big step up from your POS TTR!

Now affectionately known as "the other bike"

• witdogg

Posted July 02, 2007 - 10:42 PM

1st ride report:

Put on 35 miles today and it ran without a hicup. Big hits are nothing for this Kayaba suspension and it makes up for rider difficencies BIGTIME :busted: Power was great, I never felt like I didn't have enough, and sometimes I felt like I had too much. There were a couple instances were I wasn't paying attention the bike straightened my arms out and stood the front end up. The power almost electric like in delivery and you could cruise in the correct gear, lug a gear high, or scream a gear low it was great having such versitility. I wasn't comfortable climbing big hills today, but the smaller stuff I did climb seemed flat.

This suspension/frame setup is unreal. It slices throught tight areas with ease...its like riding a mountain bike with a big block :cheers:. Its also really REALLY stable at speed. Had it up to 75 mph (4th gear) and it didn't even feel that fast. The only clue that I was going that fast were the trees and fence posts blending into a blurr. Taking whoops at 50mph is effortless for this suspension. I was afraid of stability problems through the whoops but it really was a non issue.

Yamaha did an excellent job putting together an awesome woods bike. I can't wait to jet/uncork her completely :thumbsup:

Thats great :thumbsup:

Yamaha makes a mighty fine bike, it hurts me to say that but it's the truth.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 02, 2007 - 11:17 PM

Thats great :thumbsup:

Yamaha makes a mighty fine bike, it hurts me to say that but it's the truth.

Kawi makes some pretty mean machines as well. Its the honda thats questionable:excuseme:

• witdogg

Posted July 02, 2007 - 11:19 PM

Kawi makes some pretty mean machines as well. Its the honda thats questionable:excuseme:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Tattooart

Posted July 03, 2007 - 10:48 AM

Nice ride! Now you need to go and break her in.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 03, 2007 - 01:09 PM

Nice ride! Now you need to go and break her in.

Thanks. I'm doing the first oil change today, put 35 miles on her yesterday. The fact that it only holds a little over a quart worries me

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 03, 2007 - 01:16 PM

Thanks. I'm doing the first oil change today, put 35 miles on her yesterday. The fact that it only holds a little over a quart worries me

do the 07's hold more oil than the 06? when i do a full oil change, filter and all i dont put a full quart in:crazy:

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 03, 2007 - 01:21 PM

do the 07's hold more oil than the 06? when i do a full oil change, filter and all i dont put a full quart in:crazy:

The service manual states 1.06 US quarts with a filter change.

Thats really weird about your 06, I woulda thought that with the oil in the frame it would have the capacity to carry more. I think my cousin's 01 250f carries 1.1 quarts or something w/ filter change.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 03, 2007 - 01:29 PM

The service manual states 1.06 US quarts with a filter change.

Thats really weird about your 06, I woulda thought that with the oil in the frame it would have the capacity to carry more. I think my cousin's 01 250f carries 1.1 quarts or something w/ filter change.

yeah it does hold more, i just checked the manual and its states 1.16ltrs with a filter change. but i have never had a problem i put almost a full quart in. when i check the dip sticks its always full even after i wipe it off and check again. im happy to find out i can run a little more!!!! also gonna need to have a talk with dad, hes the one who measured out the oil capacity and said thats all we needed. he must be getting old!

• Tough Guy

Posted July 03, 2007 - 06:43 PM

Get a few rides on it and it will run even better, make more power and start easier too. Mine felt way better after about 400 miles.

Chris

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 03, 2007 - 10:05 PM

I think my auto decomp was hanging up today. Went to start it w/ the button and the starter turned once and then stoped (while my finger was on button). Then when I went to kick and it was really hard like when a manual decomp 426 hits TDC. I nudged it past and hit the button and it started right up. Tried to replicate the scenario for the next 5 min afterthat and I wasn't able to do it again. If it does it again I'm going to take it to the dealer.

• witdogg

Posted July 03, 2007 - 10:08 PM

I think my auto decomp was hanging up today. Went to start it w/ the button and the starter turned once and then stoped (while my finger was on button). Then when I went to kick and it was really hard like when a manual decomp 426 hits TDC. I nudged it past and hit the button and it started right up. Tried to replicate the scenario for the next 5 min afterthat and I wasn't able to do it again. If it does it again I'm going to take it to the dealer.

That's odd. There isnt much to get hung up.

• honeycutt

Posted July 03, 2007 - 10:15 PM

Awesome bike,
I have around 350 miles on mine and couldn't be happier! I have the F2 Powerback kit and it's unplugged. I do recommend radiator cages of some sort though, I took a slow speed fall and twisted the heck out of the radiator. Nothing Mylers couldn't fix!

• DANO

Posted July 04, 2007 - 03:03 AM

My Husky does that sometimes. I just pull in the manual decomp lever and hit the e/start for a second. Then I let out the decomp lever, hit the button and it fires right up.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 04, 2007 - 10:31 AM

My Husky does that sometimes. I just pull in the manual decomp lever and hit the e/start for a second. Then I let out the decomp lever, hit the button and it fires right up.

yeah I know some of the huskys have that issue, you guys are lucky because husky puts a decompression lever on it but yamaha doesn't. Hopefully it was just a freak one time deal.

• mcflzwr450f

Posted July 04, 2007 - 10:57 AM

I know if you leave the gas on and the float bowl sticks it can let gas in the cylinder, make sure that's not your issue you can bend a valve very easily.

• Tattooart

Posted July 05, 2007 - 11:06 AM

I said the same thing when i bought my CRF but mine holds just over 3/4 of a quart. Just keep an eye on the oil level and you should be fine.

When I did a 2 day ride to primm I just kept an eye on my oil level and it never moved I was worried that would be a problem in 560+miles.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.