Counter sprocket/ nut?

3 replies to this topic
  • 2012 450 xc-w

Posted June 30, 2007 - 05:22 AM

having difficulty breaking the nut loose with just the brake. Anyone see any problem with using an impact to loosen the nut?

• 642MX

Posted June 30, 2007 - 06:01 AM

An impact will work fine. Thats what I always use. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • warrior86

Posted June 30, 2007 - 06:44 AM

i have always found that a long1/2 inch ratchet and hittin it with a mallet was always a good way to break things loose without rippin my hand up.:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 30, 2007 - 07:35 AM

An impact is fine, BUT, don't put the transmission in gear when you use it. Just hold the wheel if you still have the chain on, or grab the sprocket with a rag and a big pair of pliers.

Using the engine to hold the sprocket puts a lot of unnecessary abuse on the trans and primary gears, and they get enough of that from you already. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.