Headgasket thickness?

3 replies to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted October 09, 2000 - 01:44 PM

well hick has helped me to conclude that the base gaskets are the same for the YZ & WR engines.

what i need to know now is this;

are the cylinder head gaskets the same or can you buy various thickness ones like you can with Honda's?

can someone find this out please? i will ask my "lewkl" dealer but expect it to be all too much effort for him.

Taffy

• Matt_Porritt

Posted October 09, 2000 - 02:58 PM

Thicker? Forget it!
You don't want to lower the comp on the blue bitch and turn it into a DRZ or XR wanna-be do ya?? :D :)

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted October 09, 2000 - 10:20 PM

Originally posted by Taffy:

are the cylinder head gaskets the same or can you buy various thickness ones like you can with Honda's?

Taffy[/B]

Matt, you silly old git, when did you last get your eyes tested? read it again & then help me find out the answer.

Taffy

• Matt_Porritt

Posted October 10, 2000 - 12:43 PM

Originally posted by Taffy:
Matt, you silly old git, when did you last get your eyes tested? read it again & then help me find out the answer.

Taffy

OLD GIT!!!
I'm one of the youngest gits here!! :D

You will have to check valve-piston clearances if go thinner.

Ohh.. BTW.. I have no idea if you can get different size joints ofr them! :) :D

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.