ANYBODY BOUGHT FMF Q SERIES

3 replies to this topic
  • ratbiker

Posted February 19, 2002 - 05:58 PM

I recently purchased an fmf q series muffler.My question is the gasket does not fit either on the inside or out of either the stock header pipe or muffler pipe.Did they give me the wrong one/do i need it anyway you guys always have the answers!This weekend will be my first ride on the thumper and i dont want to do any damage.THANKS FOR THE REPLY. :) :D :D

• ratbiker

Posted February 20, 2002 - 03:04 PM

CAN I GET SOME HELP HERE PLEASE!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jekel

Posted February 20, 2002 - 03:34 PM

My SuperTrapp did not come with a gasket for between the header and pipe. I just used some silicone to seal. Not the FMF but the FMF my wife put on her TTR250 ddid nt use a gasket either. I wwould look at the clearance and use good judgement. Good luck with your pipe :)

• Hick

Posted February 20, 2002 - 07:55 PM

What year is your ratbike? I don't know for sure but I think the header diameter at the collector was increased in '00.

Anyway on my YZ 426 the Q pipe did not need a gasket, and one would not come close to fitting in there. It did leak slightly, I only noticed this due to a small amount of discoloration on that chrome oil feed line to the head. I wrapped the header with teflon tape and that seemed to cure the problem.

You may want to keep an eye on the four screws that secure to the can to the collector, they tend to come loose and in my case eventually ripped away from the can, ruining my $300 FMF pipe. Thanks Mr. Emler, hope you enjoyed my $$.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.