Transmission Shift Pin

3 replies to this topic
  • olson_jr

Posted October 07, 2000 - 02:48 AM

I have read the question about the 2000 shift pin coming out but don't have a clear idea of what the problem is or what should be checked or replaced. Hick asked the same quuestion and had a link to the tranny picture to try to help.

So could you or someone else point me in the right direction here? I would like to do a preventative part swap but I need to know the part with the disappearing pin. It would be great if someone could reply with the reference number from the link below:

Can someone help us out?

• Hick

Posted October 09, 2000 - 07:55 AM

Thanks olson,

I already have my motor together but still wondering about this question so I'm bringing it to the top.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • olson_jr

Posted October 09, 2000 - 03:07 PM

Hick, I wonder about it every time I ride. Figure I won't have a problem until I'm 50 miles from the trailhead.

By the way thanks for the link to the Yamaha parts book web site. That will come in handy!

• Hick

Posted October 10, 2000 - 10:32 AM

You're welcome!!

Back to the top again...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.