Seat Height

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 06, 2000 - 07:09 AM

I am purchasing a wr426. I have short legs. Is ther a way to lower the seat height an inch or so without much loss in performance? It is not critical as long as I am moving, but I see difficulties in the tighter trails if I stall it, which I will do from time to time.

• Bill

Posted October 06, 2000 - 08:09 AM

For the earlier models there are some different height seat foams available. You can also convert to YZ style seat and tank. This will allow the bike to turn/allow you to get far enough forward on the bike to turn. The YZ seat is a little narrower, so it help you touch the ground. IMHO!

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_in_New_Mexico

Posted October 06, 2000 - 09:34 PM

You could also carve your existing foam down or buy an extra foam to do it and lower your triple clamp to between 8-10 mm to help make tighter turns.

James

• Taffy

Posted October 06, 2000 - 01:06 PM

agree with bill on the YZ seat-narrow seat = get your feet down.

i've also noticed that there is, with a little modification, room for the rear subframe to be lowered in it's lower anchor points. i reckon this would lower the seat by 1/2" at the midpoint. have a look at it,

even my airbox sits on the carb easier at the top than the bottom.

the other blokes on the website would soften the shock off but i don't think you should compromise ANYTHING if you can help it.

Taffy

Taffy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 10, 2000 - 07:40 AM

Originally posted by Taffy:
Thanks for the help

agree with bill on the YZ seat-narrow seat = get your feet down.

i've also noticed that there is, with a little modification, room for the rear subframe to be lowered in it's lower anchor points. i reckon this would lower the seat by 1/2" at the midpoint. have a look at it,

even my airbox sits on the carb easier at the top than the bottom.

the other blokes on the website would soften the shock off but i don't think you should compromise ANYTHING if you can help it.

Taffy

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.