JD Jet Kit

33 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted July 07, 2007 - 03:31 AM

If not already mentioned here are the BK mod instructions. Worked well on my 02 WR. Click on Tech Articles/BK carb mod.
http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/

• Pooley

Posted July 07, 2007 - 03:00 PM

Pooley, so if it hits the slide, how do you make this adjustment?

Thanks
Snowman

There is a timing screw on the carb, and it was set to just miss the slide before ever installing the o-ring. I actually haven't re-verified its timing now that the o-ring is installed, and I don't actually know if the timing screw will make a bit of difference or not now.

• ducatiwv

Posted July 07, 2007 - 03:59 PM

I just installed the Jd kit on my 07 Wr450 , and its really bogging bad on low end, especially when accelerating hard , i ve got the 48 pilot and did the airscrew adj, and O ring mod...I ve taken the carb apart several times to look for debri , but cant find anything wrong...the bike is New with 0 miles on it, and it didnt bog any before i added the kit....I also installed a full Yz exhaust on the bike, its the stock exhaust for the YZ...anyone have any suggestions?

• KennyMc

Posted July 07, 2007 - 04:31 PM

I just installed the Jd kit on my 07 Wr450 , and its really bogging bad on low end, especially when accelerating hard , i ve got the 48 pilot and did the airscrew adj, and O ring mod...I ve taken the carb apart several times to look for debri , but cant find anything wrong...the bike is New with 0 miles on it, and it didnt bog any before i added the kit....I also installed a full Yz exhaust on the bike, its the stock exhaust for the YZ...anyone have any suggestions?

What needle did you install and on what clip position?

• ducatiwv

Posted July 07, 2007 - 04:39 PM

It was the blue needle and in the 3rd position....Its really feels like its in the pilot circuit somehow....It runs great after 1/4 throttle, and only bogs when i open the throttle quickly....I ve also got the kit on my 07yz450 and its perfect, so i cant understand what could be wrong here...

• KennyMc

Posted July 07, 2007 - 04:59 PM

On top of the JD kit, I also purchased the GYTR AIS removal kit. This kit came with a different Main Air Jet and Leak Jet. I also disconnected the grey wire and removed the air box snorkle.

• snowman02

Posted July 07, 2007 - 05:44 PM

Duca, i'm just starting to learn more about the carbs on this bike. When i first purchased mine the carb was all jacked up and one of the symptoms was the pilot had a 48 in it and i changed it with a 45 and it helped, than i changed out the main from a 165 to a 168. It has ran well since, but i wasn't pleased so i just purchased the JD kit and hopefully have it all together next week when my screw for the top of the slide cover comes in. I hope this helps.

snowman02

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ducatiwv

Posted July 07, 2007 - 05:52 PM

Duca, i'm just starting to learn more about the carbs on this bike. When i first purchased mine the carb was all jacked up and one of the symptoms was the pilot had a 48 in it and i changed it with a 45 and it helped, than i changed out the main from a 165 to a 168. It has ran well since, but i wasn't pleased so i just purchased the JD kit and hopefully have it all together next week when my screw for the top of the slide cover comes in. I hope this helps.

snowman02

I hope it helps also...I ve tried the bike with the 45 pilot and the 48 with the same low end bog...my 07 yz450 is perfect with this kit, so it really has me confused...:thumbsup:

• kenny1234

Posted July 08, 2007 - 05:55 AM

i have 07 mine runs good with blue needle 3rd from top 165 main and 48 pilot with all free mods and zip ty fuel screw and fmf full system.

i live in uk temp between 40f and 70f what needle should i be using????? i would say 90% of time its above 50f(as per instructions) so should i go for red or stick with it as it is i m not a real fan of stripping bike down BUT i do want it to be best it can be
any help is grately appreciated.
and 1 last thing is there big difference between thin and thick o ring performance wise ?
kenny

• snowman02

Posted July 08, 2007 - 06:59 AM

Kenny I haven't got my carb back together as of yet, but per instructions from JD, he recommends the smaller o-ring for trails and desert type riding, and the larger one for MX type riding, I guess the difference is less tightening pressure on the AP with the smaller o-ring so less hit, the response will just flow gradually. That is how I have interpeted it, but i maybe way out in left field, or even in the nose bleed seats here. I haven't heard anyone talking about this issue as of yet. I hope we do hear something though.

Snowman

• kenny1234

Posted July 08, 2007 - 09:58 AM

cheers snowman i ve had probs deciphering instructions as all smudged upon arrivali was thinking along same lines but it was more of a guess than anything
kenny

• Albie

Posted July 09, 2007 - 09:42 AM

Just picked up a dual sported 06 yesterday. The guy I bought it from mentioned that he'd been messing with the thing since he bought it trying to get the jetting issues resolved. He even tried an Edelbrock carb but gave up and stuck the FCR back on. After riding it in the early afternoon I decided that it was most definately off. I stopped in at Cycle Gear and picked up a JD kit. 45 minutes later the things running beautifully. Can't say enough good things about the JD kits.

• SurvivorMan

Posted July 09, 2007 - 10:23 AM

hopefully, no one has their bike on the stand in neutral and is trying ninja throttle cracks. your bike should/will bog at that. while riding, it shouldn't hesitate, but that is under load. hope this helps. i was freakin myself out with the bike in neutral. i just got sick of focusing on that and rode. i never notice any bogs after that.

• snowman02

Posted July 09, 2007 - 03:14 PM

Albie, that is great to hear. I am still waiting for the screw to arrive for thr top of the slid lid, when it comes in mine goes together, and i hope i have as much success as you did. BTW what are your settings with the JD kit?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.