JD Jet Kit

33 replies to this topic
  • snowman02

Posted June 29, 2007 - 05:47 PM

Where is the best place to pick up a JD Jet Kit And Boysen Accelerator Pump?
I am thinking it is about time to make these changes to my 02 WR426. It runs great but i think it can run better.

• Valerie Wilson

Posted June 29, 2007 - 06:50 PM

Why the TT Store of course!!!!

http://shop.thumpert..._850395&CartID=

http://shop.thumpert...ting_jetkit.htm

• Pooley

Posted July 03, 2007 - 01:18 PM

Before you buy an aftermarket accelerator pump, research and try the O-ring mod. It made a HUGE difference on my 01, and only costs $0.50.

• Anthony CRF450

Posted July 03, 2007 - 02:50 PM

Before you buy an aftermarket accelerator pump, research and try the O-ring mod. It made a HUGE difference on my 01, and only costs $0.50.

whats the o-ring mod?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• micksrule

Posted July 03, 2007 - 04:43 PM

Accelerator Pump mod, it ties some internal carb linkage together and will usually take care of hesitation concerns related to these carbs.

Snowman,

Get that thing finished!

• Mutu

Posted July 04, 2007 - 02:29 AM

whats the o-ring mod?:thumbsup: :busted:

Just lock wire your ap linkage to the actuator shaft. That's what I did. Works good for throttle response.

JD jetting kit comes with o-rings now to do the same thing. :thumbsup:

• Pooley

Posted July 04, 2007 - 07:44 AM

whats the o-ring mod?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Read this thread. Pics and a link are included.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=521725

• snowman02

Posted July 04, 2007 - 12:08 PM

Thank you all for all the responses. I have carb off now and am waiting for the JD Kit to arrive. It's a good thing too, i was working on bike this past weekend and noticed a gap between the carb body and slide lid, seems the two screws that hold the lid down came loose and one was gone, the other just sitting there. :thumbsup: When Kit comes in I will be reassembling carb with new jets and testing. Again thanx all for the help it is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

And after reading up on the o-ring mod, i am on my way to hardware store to get the o-ring right now....

• KennyMc

Posted July 04, 2007 - 06:39 PM

I don't know about the 02 kit, but the JD kit for my 07 came with the o-ring.

• dmoney1074

Posted July 04, 2007 - 07:01 PM

I got my JD jet kit at cyce gear for less than the tt store has it.... of course i get a discount too! I would say that the JD kit is the best mod I have done to my bike since i have owned it! Cleaned up the jetting, and it stays good year round with minimal adjustments to the fuel screw. I also did the o-ring mod and threw on a boyseen QS at the same time, this was all for throttle response, and at this point it is almost perfect!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Asgeir

Posted July 05, 2007 - 12:15 AM

The O-ring is :

10mm Outer Diameter
6mm Inner Diameter

• snowman02

Posted July 05, 2007 - 05:53 AM

I will check my JD kit if not one in there I will be getting one from hardware store. One question though, i am just a little confused on. Doing some of the reading from others that have done the oring mod, some stated that they did adjustments on the AP screw and some didn't. So does it need to have any adjustment on it or just slid the oring on and be done??

Thank you again all
Snowman :thumbsup:

• Mutu

Posted July 05, 2007 - 07:36 AM

Doing some of the reading from others that have done the oring mod, some stated that they did adjustments on the AP screw and some didn't. So does it need to have any adjustment on it or just slid the oring on and be done??

Good question.

AP squirt is adjusted by changing the leak jet.

By adding the o-ring (or lockwire in my case) you just make that squirt more instant, in theory less bog when you snap the throttle since more fuel quicker.

So by adding the o-ring, the screw adjustment does nothing. :thumbsup:

• snowman02

Posted July 05, 2007 - 12:23 PM

Thank you Mutu. I think thats all I needed to know.:thumbsup:

• Pooley

Posted July 05, 2007 - 01:26 PM

Just make sure your squirt is timed properly...meaning, adjust it such that it just misses the slide as you open the throttle, then put on the o-ring. At least that was my understanding, and what I did.

• snowman02

Posted July 05, 2007 - 06:36 PM

Pooley, so if it hits the slide, how do you make this adjustment?

Thanks
Snowman

• snowman02

Posted July 06, 2007 - 04:29 PM

Received JD Jet Kit today and will install in morning. I read the instructions, pretty simple right? well i do have one question? i have been reading all the posts on the site about jetting and have asked questions, till i am blue in the face, but one thing keeps bothering me. Instructions state, Blue needle, clip in 3rd from top position, call me stupid or just over thinking all this, but i am to say that it is referring to third groove from blue mark on top of needle down. Sorry all maybe I did too many drugs when i was younger, :thumbsup: hell i don't know, but for some damn reason this clip on needle is jacking me up. :thumbsup:

Go right ahead and laugh your asses off, i sure am. Anyhow thank you all for any help to come...

• KennyMc

Posted July 06, 2007 - 08:51 PM

I guess it all depends on the type of drugs:crazy: ......you are correct, it is the 3rd grove down counting from the top.

• snowman02

Posted July 06, 2007 - 09:00 PM

Thank you Kenshaw for the reply. I don't mean to sound stupid, just a little ignorant or untrained at the time, but am getting more brave and smarter with this beast. Someday I will have conquered it.:thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted July 07, 2007 - 12:06 AM

You are a braver man than I. I only removed the AIS stuff. Removing only the right side radiator was aslo fun:cry:

When I went to do the carberateur on my 07, it looked like stuffung a turkey for thanksgiving dinner, only in reverse.:thumbsup: I sent it off to the professional and got it backed completley dialed in.:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.