tips and tricks

10 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 05, 2000 - 01:04 AM

I find on web some tips and tricks.
I have Yamaha WR400F produced at Year 2000, so I don't know does "WR time to YZ time" is also same for Y2K bikes.

with best regards
Zdravko Postrimovski

• Taffy

Posted October 05, 2000 - 02:15 PM

yes it's the same.

good luck our eastern friend.

by the way i've noticed before how reticent all the yanks are to help foriegners with pigeon english!!!

do not be alarmed we brits will help you once again!!!

Taffy

• mcarp

Posted October 05, 2000 - 05:08 PM

It's not that we don't want to help, we just rarely know what is being asked...umm the same goes for broken British english...no offense of course, please don't perceive as such.

So what do you mean? The '00 Wr's have YZ timing? No they do not!

Please note it's probably just a communication barrier, not the fact the we don't want to help a member of a foreign country! Us Wr brothers stick together, as evidenced by the past comments on the forum.

• Taffy

Posted October 05, 2000 - 11:23 PM

mcarp

he's saying is YZ to WR timing still the same for 2000. agree with everything else.

how can you talk of foriegn languages with all that jive talk at one end of the states & southern drawl at the other!

as we would say "just jesting"!

Taffy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 06, 2000 - 06:39 AM

Thank you for your reply. I know that my Enlish is not good, but what can I do.My parents learn me Croatian.Could you imagine.
I have yamaha WR400F produced at year 2000.
From time to time i find some instructions how to make WR better, but I do not know is it applikable on my bike.
I find description (http://www.off-road....ke/jun99/hobbs/)for changeing time on WR on time YZ.They are talking about WR400 produced 1999 so I didnt know does it same for my WR400F produced Y2K.
Thanks to all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jlm400

Posted October 06, 2000 - 07:23 AM

My friend,

The 1999 and 2000 WR motors are the same so the tips should apply to both years. Good luck.

• mcarp

Posted October 06, 2000 - 12:24 PM

You're right about that Taffy, there is quite a difference in dialects. But again, I weasn't ripping on anyone's english, just trying to understand the real meanings as sometimes key words are left out.

Besides many americans don't realize that many Europeans know 2-4 languages. You just can't be perfect in all of them. We usually only know 1, maybe 2 if we're lucky. I'm sure the spanish would laugh if I tried to communicate my "broken spanish" to them as well! On another note remember that we as a country continously help other nations. We have lost thousands of men over such conflicts (didn't we save your butt from Germany 50 years ago)? Our veteran hospitals of full of folks that have given what we know as a meaningful life to the good of other nations. So NEVER call us not willing to help or you will cause some anger among a lot of us with dead relatives and friends due to such assistance. Not to mention our hard earned cash is paying for it!

I don't want to start an arguement- the facts are we just want to understand what is being asked before we commit to an answer, not that we don't care about other nationalities problems!

Biroform- Yes, the advise is correct both from the article and Taffy. You can convert to YZ timing and procedure is exactly the same. What they don't mention is to be careful that the retaining pins on the cam holder may come loose and drop into the engine. Also be sure to mark with a red marker the existing cam chain/cam position so you will be sure you changed the timing only one tooth. It's real easy to screw it up. If you get stuck, ask the forum.

Good luck! Oh, BTW ( this mean By The Way), rejet your carburetor per specs in the jetting section otherwise you won't realize the full performance gain and can possibly hurt your engine. Oh, and your english is pretty decent!

See ya, or as they say in the south- "ya'll cum bak naw, ya'hear?" :)

• Matt_Porritt

Posted October 06, 2000 - 12:47 PM

Originally posted by Taffy:
by the way i've noticed before how reticent all the yanks are to help foriegners with pigeon english!!!

What you mean the yanks helping with English?? They don't even speak it!!! :D
They have their own language! - American

do not be alarmed we brits will help you once again!!!

Brits help again????
Bwahahahaha!! :D :D
The only thing the Brits have helped is themselves; - to another cup of Tea! :D

Seen the Movie 'Once were Warriors'??
Now thats what New Zealand is really like! :)

BTW.. sorry for all the piss-taking.. don't know whats come over me this morning!!
Cheers Taffy! :D

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

• Taffy

Posted October 06, 2000 - 12:50 PM

nice one!

right proud to meet yowel!

as we fen people of Anglia would say

i gotter gew um sune. (i've got to go home soon)

Matt seen the film-superb! hard but not as hard as a scouser!

i thought our friend was polish. the british empire & all it's colonies (what was NZ Matt?)declared war on the krauts over their invasion of poland. it was a light joke then & it's still a light joke now. Matt tell the Yanks about IRONY?

Taffy

[This message has been edited by Taffy (edited 10-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Taffy (edited 10-06-2000).]

• Tree_Crippler

Posted October 06, 2000 - 08:40 PM

Taffy
No need to be bitter. I used to be a Paratrooper in the US Army and always tell everyone how great it was to work with your SAS. Fine bunch of chaps.

[This message has been edited by Tree Crippler (edited 10-06-2000).]

• Matt_Porritt

Posted October 07, 2000 - 10:34 PM

Originally posted by Taffy:

i thought our friend was polish. the british empire & all it's colonies (what was NZ Matt?)declared war on the krauts over their invasion of poland. it was a light joke then & it's still a light joke now. Matt tell the Yanks about IRONY?

Don't get me started on Coro street!! :) :D

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.