WR 450 won't accelerate

22 replies to this topic
  • pilsner

Posted July 09, 2007 - 07:32 PM

Well there it is. Done. Installed a new stator for about $140 cdn. Now my bike doesn't have that bog or lack of acceleration problem. My header gets hot like it's suppose to and now my muffler does'nt get so hot as to melt the plastic. It feels like a brand new bike. tons of kick and lots'o power. oh' and bonus - now my battery charges and my lights work. So I guess, symptoms which resemble a lean fuel mixture or plugged carb can also be a result of a poor stator. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PaulButler

Posted July 10, 2007 - 04:20 AM

Well there it is. Done. Installed a new stator for about $140 cdn. Now my bike doesn't have that bog or lack of acceleration problem. My header gets hot like it's suppose to and now my muffler does'nt get so hot as to melt the plastic. It feels like a brand new bike. tons of kick and lots'o power. oh' and bonus - now my battery charges and my lights work. So I guess, symptoms which resemble a lean fuel mixture or plugged carb can also be a result of a poor stator. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

Nice to hear it is fixed, and great information.

• MountainMax

Posted July 10, 2007 - 03:01 PM

thanks for sharing the fix with us

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.