The 08 yz450 is killing me...anybody eles?

14 replies to this topic
  • yz426em

Posted June 29, 2007 - 06:55 AM

I really like my current bike, which is a 04 yz450, but the 08 are just killing me. I have had no problems with my bike in the past, but i really am thinking this is my time to sell and update. Then again the prices on the soon to be left over 2007 models are so cheap i cant make my mind up. Anyway i was wondering is anybody eles stuck between keeping or updating? I have been told by my G/F to go and get one so she doesn't have to hear about it anymore. Well im done rambeling about this i think i should just put mine up for sale and get it overwith.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 29, 2007 - 08:08 AM

I really like my current bike, which is a 04 yz450, but the 08 are just killing me. I have had no problems with my bike in the past, but i really am thinking this is my time to sell and update. Then again the prices on the soon to be left over 2007 models are so cheap i cant make my mind up. Anyway i was wondering is anybody eles stuck between keeping or updating? I have been told by my G/F to go and get one so she doesn't have to hear about it anymore. Well im done rambeling about this i think i should just put mine up for sale and get it overwith.

option B.....turn the 04 into a Bigbore and buy a 07 or 08.....

• Wiz636

Posted June 29, 2007 - 08:12 AM

I have been told by my G/F to go and get one so she doesn't have to hear about it anymore.

Dude...please tell us that your g/f is not a part of your bike buying decision!!! :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 29, 2007 - 08:23 AM

Go get one and get it over with. It will take you 6 months to stop laughing while you ride it.

BTW, if you aren't going to marry your girl friend, she doesn't matter as far as this goes. If you are, bear in mind she told you to go get it.

• yz426em

Posted June 29, 2007 - 08:43 AM

Im not worried about the g/f she has a yz250 and is completely happy with that bike. Myself on the other hand has this idea of needing the newer, lighter alum. frame 450. I think my only choice is to get one. Also grey your not the first to tell me that i will be grinning from ear to ear. My only worry is that im getting rid of a bike that is in perfect mechanical condition, and starting with a machine that i have never worked on before. Everything that i read on here leads me to believe that they are similar to work on so i should be fine. Hopefully everything works out and i will have a new ride as soon as they come out.

• grayracer513

Posted June 29, 2007 - 08:48 AM

I... grey your not the first to tell me that i will be grinning from ear to ear.

No, the grinning goes on much longer. I'm talking about laughing out loud at speed. :thumbsup:

• TeamScream

Posted June 29, 2007 - 08:48 AM

Im not worried about the g/f she has a yz250 and is completely happy with that bike. Myself on the other hand has this idea of needing the newer, lighter alum. frame 450. I think my only choice is to get one. Also grey your not the first to tell me that i will be grinning from ear to ear. My only worry is that im getting rid of a bike that is in perfect mechanical condition, and starting with a machine that i have never worked on before. Everything that i read on here leads me to believe that they are similar to work on so i should be fine. Hopefully everything works out and i will have a new ride as soon as they come out.

Everything except the fact that you have to take the whole back part of the bike off to access the carb.
That in my opinion is shameful, but I guess its the price you pay for the progress of technology.
It just seems to me that with a little more thought they could have made it so that all you have to do is remove the fuel tank to get the carb out....kinda like the way Honda does it. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bboyce

Posted June 29, 2007 - 12:43 PM

Everything except the fact that you have to take the whole back part of the bike off to access the carb.
That in my opinion is shameful, but I guess its the price you pay for the progress of technology.
It just seems to me that with a little more thought they could have made it so that all you have to do is remove the fuel tank to get the carb out....kinda like the way Honda does it. :thumbsup:

You dont have to take the whole back of the bike off to access the carb. Just pull the seat, the top motor mounts, loosen the carb clamps and simply twist the carb.

• RCannon

Posted June 29, 2007 - 05:38 PM

Go get one and get it over with. It will take you 6 months to stop laughing while you ride it.

BTW, if you aren't going to marry your girl friend, she doesn't matter as far as this goes. If you are, bear in mind she told you to go get it.

And if you do marry her you have set a very nice trend for future bike buying. The most time you'll ever spend between new bikes is 3 years.

Really, you have done well so far. You had better marry her.

• UltraHyper

Posted June 30, 2007 - 05:17 PM

I love that 08 ,but looks like im keeping my 04 for another year just renovated the washroom maybe i should paint it blue

• nap__kxf

Posted June 30, 2007 - 06:11 PM

well let this be a deciding factor. be the first kid on the block with the new 08 and claim bragging rights.

• stoney55

Posted June 30, 2007 - 06:16 PM

went 05 to 07 and the bike is amazing. after seeing the 08 the only thing i'm excited about is no efi, which will keep the value on my 07 for another year. get the 07.

• Yamaha4lyfe

Posted July 02, 2007 - 07:10 PM

i have an 07. its great. the only thing that is ok about the 08 is the 2 stroke size slip-on . i don't believe that their is much of a difference other then a black clutch cover plus the 07 might be a grand cheaper there you have it 1000 dollars to spend on aftermaket. both bikes perform the same. except your new 07 will have more sweet stuff on it. so the 07 will perform better my .02

• ker-b

Posted July 06, 2007 - 08:37 AM

apparently you haven't rode a new one yet...if so you wouldn't even be thinking about it, you would be making payments and riding it now with that big gring and out loud laugh....the first time a rode a friends 07 i was hooked and got one the next week....
Do it...:thumbsup:

• yz426em

Posted July 06, 2007 - 08:42 AM

I have pretty much made my mind up, im waiting on the release of the new 08. I have talked to others and with the help of tt im hooked on the new bike. Also does anyone know what a good deal on a 08 will be?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.