Stator replacement for a light kit?

6 replies to this topic
  • hondacrf150f1

Posted June 29, 2007 - 06:10 AM

i wanta put a baja designes light kit on my 2007 XR650R but ive been told the stock stator cant handle that. Im thinking order a new 1 from ricky stator? $150 then another $500 for the light kit! Any cheeper options? to get a plate here in CT i need everything, signals, high/low beam, horn, tail light.

anybody have pics of there XR's with the electrosport or baja designes kit on it?

thanx,

• Coolidge

Posted June 29, 2007 - 06:45 AM

Here is my 97 XR600R w/BD kit. I have stock stator, and everything works fine. If I were to upgrade lights, I would add the Ricky Stator assy (I will eventually get one anyway
Posted Image
Posted Image

• black in RI

Posted June 29, 2007 - 08:20 AM

my 650 r works fine with a BD ligt kit and is street legal and passed inspection. i even ride it at night... however someone told me in PA that my brake light was barely visible when engaged on a group ride last week. I'll just rewind the stator

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted June 29, 2007 - 10:56 AM

You should be ok with the stock stator. You just have to use a standard wattage headlight bulb. The stock stator should be good for about 70 or so watts. If you want more light then you need a high output stator.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted June 29, 2007 - 06:20 PM

well maby ill try the stock stator to start. Ill proble do LED brake light and turn signals to so that may help

• jwcbf

Posted July 07, 2007 - 10:19 PM

Late reply,

I put a BD QR kit on my 650R a little while back. Had many issue with the lighting/charging. Did some research here and like you was hesitant to spend the extra $... put the ricky stator on and it now works like a champ.

Good luck

• BT4Stroke

Posted July 08, 2007 - 07:41 AM

Stock stator has an 80 watt out put, RS stator has either 2-100watt leads or they can be tied together for 1-200watt out put lead. BD will rewrapp the stock stator for you either with 2-125 watt leads or a single 200+watt lead which is used in the our race bikes to power up the HID BD lights. There are several post regarding wrapping the stator yourself.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.