Moto JackRack on Rough Roads?

2 replies to this topic
  • DaveC

Posted September 30, 2000 - 02:30 PM

To those who own Moto Jack Racks - how does the rack perform on bumpy roads? Does the bike move around quite a bit, or is it very stable? I just bought one, and I am planning on taking my WR on a dirt road with a bit of washboard in some spots.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JamesD

Posted October 03, 2000 - 11:59 AM

The bike is held to the rack by the footpegs and is pretty secure. There is some flex in my hitch (a custom job) so I don't know how much movement is normal and how much is my hitch.

The bike seems to rock back and forth a little but not much. On a more sturdy hitch I'll bet it's more solid.

Due to the way the MJR is designed I'd say some motion is normal.
I'd slow down if the road gets too rough.

• BruceWA

Posted October 04, 2000 - 10:57 AM

It would be prudent to take it easy. It is strong, but the bike will rock on bumps. Why ruin a days fun, go slow.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.