No replies to this topic
  • GNCCYZ400

Posted October 03, 2000 - 03:57 AM

During a race this weekend my 98 YZ cut off an hour into the race. :) After sitting and kicking for 45 minutes it fired up and ran for about 10 minutes, then stalled again, this time it fired only after 5 or so minutes of kicking. Made it back (over an hour late) to the truck and on to the house.
After washing and drying the Beast I began to investigate the problem. It fired up the first kick and idled fine, then cut off after two or three minutes, but the instant just before it died I heard a "sizzling" sound. I can't pinpoint the source because it doesn't last long enough. I know (I think)
That it is a shorted wire or a broken component in the electrical system, but I don't know where to start.
I have cut some of the plug wire (1/4" or so) to clean-up the end, but it didn't help. I have new plugs on the way, but I don't think the problem is plug related.
Any insight into a cure would be very helpfull.

[This message has been edited by GNCCYZ400 (edited 10-03-2000).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.