Fuel Injected YZ400/426

3 replies to this topic
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted September 27, 2000 - 06:27 PM

Thought some of you might find this interesting:

This is the electronic fuel injection system for the Yamaha YZ400/426. This system includes a generator, DC power system, complete ignition system, throttle body and fuel pump. The unit features total control of the ignition and fuel system via a handlebar switch. A laptop can be used to diagnose the system and make programming changes.
www.optimum-power.com

• Gary_Kessler

Posted September 28, 2000 - 07:39 AM

Brian,

I have a PDF from Optimum that describes the product for the Yamaha thumper. All I can saw it NO MORE JETTING ISSUES!! And added Horsepower that is adjustable from the handlebars. This should give the Vortex ignition a serious run for it's money. AND it has an RS232 interface w/handheld ignition mapping program (I think it's only CE devices)

I have a .PDF but I can't figure out how to post it.

------------------
'00 WR, YZ modified and dodgin' Roadrunners and P-dogs!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted October 02, 2000 - 12:43 AM

Ha!!
No more jetting issues??
Cannondale have 'no more jetting issues' also on their bikes.. there is no mor jetting issues.. just mapping ones!! :)

Trust me... mapping an EFI system is about 100x harder than playing with a pilot, main and needle.

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

• Gary_Kessler

Posted October 02, 2000 - 06:20 AM

Matt,

I agree totally about mapping EFI, I hated doing it on my racing Bimmer. . .I think a bike would be MUCH worse because of the varing conditions. BUT, like I said. No more JETTING issues. . . .just EFI issues.

------------------
'00 WR, YZ modified and dodgin' Roadrunners and P-dogs. .all with no damper!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.