DSP airbox requires relocation of hot start bypass. Any ideas?

10 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 30, 2000 - 06:18 PM

OK, I am down to the 4th quarter, 3rd down, one minute left in the game. I installed my DSP airbox which requires the relocation of the hot start bypass. There was a previous post of mounting the stock hardware to the bars, but I am at a loss on a sano setup.

Any ideas OR any XTRA ty davis hot start buttons going to Moab? It is now 11:29pm EST, Saturday 9-30. I will be sealing my bike up in the crate by 4pm Sunday, 10-1.
I'll do what I have to do to get this HSB to work, HOWEVER, if there are any ideas...???

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

• Clark_Mason

Posted September 30, 2000 - 07:17 PM

Kevin

You need to remove the stock straight brass fitting that points backwards from the HS button assembly and replace it with a 90deg angle port, Yamaha Part number 353-13115-01. Slip on a piece of hose and run it into the air box and put a small piece of filter foam over the end of the hose.

Or you can buy my complete hot start button setup ready to bolt on for $20.

I'm on business travel to Hartford Conn and Nashua NH next week, I think this is in your neck of the woods. So call me if interested before sunday evening. (661)259-1048.

Clark

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 30, 2000 - 07:30 PM

Clark,
I used to live 20 minutes from Hartford. I am glad to have left CT. As far as Nashua, I am less than one hour. The part that sucks is I start work at 6:30pm (until 6:30am) Sunday night. I'll be busting my ass to get the bike finished, road tested, oil changed, loaded into it's shipping container AND get any decent amount of sleep, >6.5 hrs. Monday is a typical day of 8.5 hrs worked. I start at 10:30pm. BTW: My nuclear power plant is just into NH from Mass off of I-95, almost due east of Nashua.

It appears I don't have the space even if I installed a 90 onto the valve assembly. The box already hits the valve body. :)

------------------
99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

• Clark_Mason

Posted September 30, 2000 - 07:48 PM

Kevin

Then just cap off the vacuum port where the HS goes into the head intake port and go without a HS button for the Moab ride. I think Scott h was able to get his set up the way I suggestd?

You can always just pull off the cap and crank it over until started and then put the cap back on--Kinda a manual HS function/button but will work.

You can survive without the HS button just dont crash or drop your bike.

good Luck

Clark

[This message has been edited by Clark Mason (edited 09-30-2000).]

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 01, 2000 - 06:19 AM

Clark,
WHEN will you be here in New England? Although my schedule is brutally tight, maybe I could zip down to Nasua. I will be looking at my bike this afternoon ~2pm EST. I may buy the Hot Start from you anyways.

------------------

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted October 01, 2000 - 06:43 AM

Kevin

I will be driving up from Hartford on Wednesday will be in meetings all day. I will staying off of Exit 11 on the route 3 toll expressway in Merrimack at the Raddisson Hotel Merrimack, 4 Executive Drive Merrimack NH 03054, (603) 424-8000. I will be there on Wednesday night only and will drive to Boston on Thursday morning and catch a non-stop back to LA. We will probably go out for Steak dinnier on Wednesday night at Cylos Steak House just south of Manchester NH on the Danial Webster Hwy. If you want me to bring the complete HS setup ready to install just let me know and we can try to hook up. I will be traveling all day on monday so I cannot UPS it to you in time for Moab.

Let Me know

Clark

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 01, 2000 - 12:18 PM

Clark,
Bring it with! I should be able to hook up w/ you Wed evening/afternoon. I am about 30 minutes from Manchester. My bike is all crated up and is going to Logan at 6:30am Monday.

Any jetting ideas?
My PB and stroker are on, as well as the DSP box. My bike is a WZ as well. Right now I'm at sea level.
How about Moab?

I just put in the coveted (DVP?)-3rd clip, 175 main, 48PJ, fuel screw ?turns. The bike is popping pretty bad now in off throttle. I did notice a reasonable loss of low end and mid. I am assuming it is now a carb problem. Most likely, my TPS is not calibrated. I wanted to stick a Fluke on it, but ran out of time.

I only had enough testing time to warm up the bike enough to do an oil change.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 10-01-2000).]

• Clark_Mason

Posted October 01, 2000 - 01:53 PM

Kevin

Ok I will bring it with me, however, how do I contact you???

As to Jetting with your setup I would go for DVP #5 from the top 48Pj 2.25 turns out on the fuel screw and a 180MJ for sea level to 4000 feet.

For Moab DVP #4, 48PJ, 1.5 to 2.0 turns out on the fuel screw and a 178/175 main jet, 178 perferred.

Clark

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted October 01, 2000 - 02:06 PM

Small world - my folks lived in North Andover, MA & my Grandma lived in Nashua, NH. Just kinda funny reading these posts & knowing pretty much exactly where you're talking about :)

Brian

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted October 01, 2000 - 02:41 PM

Clark,
I can reach you anytime, anywhere.
My home phone is 603-942-7105. I can be reached at this # from 4pm-9pm, EST.
Otherwise, I am at work from 10:30pm-6:30am, Mon and Tuesday night, 603-773-7170. I am off
this god awful midshift Wednesday morning. My wife and I will both be home all day Wednesday.

I am at work as I write this right now!!

I want to call you tonight, if my workload allows. How late can I call you (calculated to E.S.T.)??

------------------

• Clark_Mason

Posted October 01, 2000 - 02:44 PM

Kevin

call anytime up to 10:00pm PST or 1:00am EST

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.