Header Pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 29, 2000 - 09:44 PM

I'm new to the four stroke world and I think I picked a wenner going with a 2000 WR400. I do mostly woods (hare scramble) type riding, but every now and then I hit the track. Last weekend I really hit the track, after lauching over a forty foot table top and coming down on the front wheel, then sliding the bike on it's right side. The guard, I guess to protect you from getting burnt(certainly not to protect the header pipe), caught the ground and folded my header pipe. Instead of paying someone to straighten it, I figured I get a new one. I've searched the archives and gathered WB makes a tapered pipe that, improves low end? FMF makes a dual pipe that probally improves high end? The bike has gobs of low end, so I'm not concerned about that, I would like to do something about the mid range but don't want to hurt the low end. The archives say alot about pipes but not header pipes. I guess it would be nice to able to change the oil filter without taking the pipe off, but its really easy to get it off. I have no plans of changing the gas tanks. Do y'all have any suggestions? Thank you.

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 29, 2000 - 04:16 PM

Get the DMC headpipe or the FMF powerbomb header, they both seem to work well. I have used the DMC with the stock WR and YZ mufflers with much improved bottom/ mid gains, without losing any top end. I sold the header recently though as a package deal to another thumperhead. Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted September 29, 2000 - 05:02 PM

the FMF Powerbomb header works excellent and is a quality piece of equipment. I canot recommend it enough. It has worked excellent for me.

Clark

• Shane_In_Washington

Posted October 01, 2000 - 04:04 PM

The White brothers header pipe hits real strong in the midrange... tried the dmc head pipe (on my buddys wr/ he bought the whole system from eric, mentioned above) hits strong in the low but dosent seem to hit real hard in the mid.... course his bike is still stock jetted so that could definitly make a differance!

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted October 01, 2000 - 05:25 PM

Shane, I'm sending the subframe out to you on tuesday. Bump the needle up one notch (move the clip down one position) and see how that works, or increase the main a size or two and see how that works. Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.